• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

An Alton Towers / UK Theme Park Podcast?

Jables

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Stormforce 10
A podcast is something I've really wanted to do for a while now,
It would typically be a sort of news show where I'd do a weekly update
On UK parks and also discuss things such as rumours and have an
occasional guest.

But what I want to know is

Would you guys want to see something like it?

Does one already exist?

How would I go about recording / uploading it?

Where would I upload it?

How much would this all cost?

Any help would be much appreciated

I don't think there's a big enough topic to warrant a straight out Alton Towers podcast. Many UK park podcasts have tried - and failed. We try over at The Season Pass to cover the UK parks the best we can.

To answer your question:

1) No regular, good, UK ONLY theme park podcasts exist
2) You'd use good recording equipment including:
USB Microphones (for each presenter)
Adobe Audition/Audacity Audio Editing Software
3) Most podcasts are uploaded to Libsyn.com. They're a specific podcast storage company - you pay per month for the amount of MB you think you'll fill (the basic package starts at $5 a month, and you get a little bit of storage space a month)

That's the easy bit. The hard bit is gaining momentum to do it every single week/fortnight/month and getting the good quality result a lot of podcasts strive for. The Season Pass Podcast will be hard to beat - but good luck! :) We're all friends!

nickhutson said:
I don't think there's a big enough topic to warrant a straight out Alton Towers podcast. Many UK park podcasts have tried - and failed. We try over at The Season Pass to cover the UK parks the best we can.

To answer your question:

1) No regular, good, UK ONLY theme park podcasts exist
2) You'd use good recording equipment including:
USB Microphones (for each presenter)
Adobe Audition/Audacity Audio Editing Software
3) Most podcasts are uploaded to Libsyn.com. They're a specific podcast storage company - you pay per month for the amount of MB you think you'll fill (the basic package starts at $5 a month, and you get a little bit of storage space a month)

That's the easy bit. The hard bit is gaining momentum to do it every single week/fortnight/month and getting the good quality result a lot of podcasts strive for. The Season Pass Podcast will be hard to beat - but good luck! :) We're all friends!

Thanks very much for the reply, I know you know what you're talking about!

Maybe one based around Europe? And could you reccommend some equipment?
E.g. A good mic without crazy background noise like my Blue Snowball? It's marketed as "the first professional USB microphone" The quality's great but the background noise is atrocious.