• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

any one else stuck in limbo waiting for vip passes please respond

chris556

TS Member
So it looks like we are going to miss the annual pass holders weekend. Frankly I am sick of being told to wait and see, not least because I could spend the 500 on going out this month or Sonisphere tickets. I'm hoping if enough of us complain we will get some solid information.

I know it must be frustrating if you are trying to get an annual pass and they aren't available yet, but if you are getting the VIP pass why bother with the annual pass preview? You will have unlimited Fast Track as a VIP passholder so you can go whenever you like during the season and ride with no queues!

It's more the having to hold on to the cash. I could go to Sonisphere with my mates, I'm getting invites to go out clubbing in London and a motorbike. I could be riding in the good weather but needs tax and break pads. They should have at least given a clear date of sale for the VIP pass but missing the weekend is just adding insult to injury, especially after missing the January sale for premium passes. It's just wrong and irritating.

Those things you listed will no doubt be more enjoyable than visiting any Merlin parks this year...

Live life, Sonisphere would be better than getting a high ride count...

I do understand where you are coming from. I signed up for updates for the VIP Pass, as I am going to California, so could have used it at Legoland and also going to Heide Park to ride their new coaster later this year, so could have justified some of the costs of the £500 pass at these parks, especially as day entry to Legoland California works out to be about £60 !!!! (No discounts available unlike the Merlin UK)

However, havent heard anything, so now unlikely to be spending that kind of money on a Legoland park.

I did ask at the time of the annual pass sale, if I could buy a Premium pass and then upgrade and was told that no you couldnt do this. So like you, I didnt buy anything during the sale, in case the VIP pass will work out to be great value.

By the way, with regards to Unlimited fastrack, it hasnt been clarified as to what the VIP pass entails. I think that it will be just one unlimited fastrack once for each park (excluding Legoland)

PeteA said:
By the way, with regards to Unlimited fastrack, it hasnt been clarified as to what the VIP pass entails. I think that it will be just one unlimited fastrack once for each park (excluding Legoland)

I would expect as it says unlimited fast track then that is what you get. Basically I guess that you would just show a VIP pass at the fast track entrance and then enter the fast tract queue.

Also the reason they don't need to discount for Legoland in USA I think is because Disney and Universal don't really discount so they don't see the need to.

^ a one day resort hopper at Legoland is more expensive than a 1 day at Disneyland !!! Dont know how they worked that one out.

I will be VERY surprised, if its a truly unlimited fasttrrack for all visits all year. :)

PeteA said:
I will be VERY surprised, if its a truly unlimited fasttrrack for all visits all year. :)

I'll be happy to hold my hands up if I'm wrong, but I can't see them selling many of a product that costs around £400 more than the premium pass if all you get extra is some free drinks, closer parking, a couple of behind the scenes tours and a couple of days of fast-track. The unlimited fast-track will be the major selling point for a lot of people and for that to not be TRULY UNLIMITED will mean people don't buy.

BarryZola said:
PeteA said:

I'll be happy to hold my hands up if I'm wrong, but I can't see them selling many of a product that costs around £400 more than the premium pass if all you get extra is some free drinks, closer parking, a couple of behind the scenes tours and a couple of days of fast-track. The unlimited fast-track will be the major selling point for a lot of people and for that to not be TRULY UNLIMITED will mean people don't buy.

And although they normally charge around £70 for platinum fast tract each day, the actual cost of offering it for the VIP pass isn't much, show your VIP pass, get in the fast track line. It is limited to 1000 passes so only a few will be in a park at a time meanign queues will hardly be affected.

The other thing with the VIP pass is that if you have one but none of the friends you are visiting with do, they all have to buy fast track so they can skip the queue with you, or you just can't use fast track!

PeteA said:
I did ask at the time of the annual pass sale, if I could buy a Premium pass and then upgrade and was told that no you couldnt do this.

Well that's me out then ! :'(

Mark-Cal said:
PeteA said:
I did ask at the time of the annual pass sale, if I could buy a Premium pass and then upgrade and was told that no you couldnt do this.

Well that's me out then ! :'(

I've been wondering about this myself......

The target market for the VIP pass will obviously be a section from the people who already purchase a regular or premium annual pass. Now, by having the usual sale of discounted passes during January a lot of people will have purchased their pass for the next 12 months or so.

The fact that they have not even released firm details of what exactly is included in the VIP pass - let alone making them available - by this point is pretty poor to be honest. This should have all been sorted out a few months ago so that customers could make an informed decision on what they wished to purchase for best value and experience.

I think it would make sense if they were willing to deduct the price of a regular/premium pass from the cost of a VIP pass if the original pass was purchased since the close of last season (including the January sale).

Or is that unfair on people who bought annual passes a couple of months before the end of the 2013 season? Maybe Merlin have realised they've complicated things and this is why there is no announcement yet?

I'm starting to think they are not going to sell them at all and are trying to think of a way of saying it that does not cause a back lash in there marketing department. They should still have the courtesy to tell us what's going on because at the moment it does not feel like a premium product. And to make your guests miss the pass holders weekend like I said is just bad form.

I rang merlin on Thursday about this. The only thing they told me was that everyone who had signed up for updates will be entered into a draw and would be pulled out lottery style. They would then be contacted to see if they still wanted to buy pass. The person I spoke to didn't have any other details then that.

thanks for the info del i am very fed up with it now any way as i am sure you are as well and have been spending the money they cant even have the decency to tell us a date so they obviously dont want my money