• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Any tips for a first time visitor to PortAventura World?

Thank you for your advice everybody! Our 2024 trip to PortAventura World is now booked!

Despite our original plan to go in June, I managed to win my parents around to September instead, which I thought might be both quieter and cheaper. Our trip dates are 9th-12th September 2024, which the three of us agreed would be a sweet spot for crowds/price in terms of being too late to grapple with school holidays, but too early to cover things like Halloween events.

As this one seemed to be commonly recommended, we booked 3 nights in Hotel Gold River, with an upgrade to a Superior Callaghan Room and half board in terms of meals (which I’m assuming will be breakfast and an evening meal).

Our package comes with 4 days of PortAventura Park entry, including entry for both the day we arrive and the day we leave, as well as 1 entry to Ferrari Land.

We’re flying with EasyJet from Bristol Airport to Barcelona El Prat, so unlike when we went to Europa Park, there shall be no 3 hour drive to London Stansted this time! We also managed to bag shared transfers between PortAventura and Barcelona Airport on both the day we arrive and the day we leave as part of our booking.

I’m excited! It’s always great to have a foreign trip planned, and I’ve wanted to go to PortAventura for a while now, so I can’t wait for this visit! After having visited Europa Park and loved it, I’m interested to see how PortAventura compares…

September is a great month to visit the park! Hope you have a great time there.

From what I’m hearing, in the closed season they’re upgrading the park quite a lot. We got an ex-Disneyland París as our new director so he seems to have a pretty good eye on small details (something the park quite lacked in the recent years) I think the park will be beautiful this next season.