• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Aton towers original artwork from 1980's

Tara Breeze

TS Member
  1. 18:11 - Tara Breeze:
    Hi , I have just found this site as I have found some original Alton towers art work from the 1980's my dad was hired to design there sit map for customers . I was just wondering if there would be any interest in it ??

Hello there Tara, welcome to the forum. I'm sure that myself and others would be extremely interested. Do you have any images at all? :)

Hi , yes I have just taken some but me not being get with technology I can work out how to get them on there lol do you have an email address I could send them to ? X

Sorry for the double post. Just going to share Tara's pic's so that you are aware of what she was talking about if you are reading this thread. These are the 2 pieces of original artwork she was referring to:

FullSizeRender_zpsucgqn2ac.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zpscenlnvxs.jpg

I've double checked and they are the drawings that ended up on the 1983 official map (which I've scanned here on my swanky A3 scanner):

img20150920_22040222ddd_zps9vikf15y.jpg

img20150920_22174979ddd_zpse5cbvt1v.jpg

Wow these are brilliant thank you so much Tara, if you wouldn't mind sending us a copy to team(.at.)towersstreet.com - obviously just put the normal @ in. We'd love to have them.

Does your Dad still do similar illustrations?

Lovely artwork, those are brilliant, thanks for sharing, it's a shame that they don't hire your dad again to redo the current maps ;)