• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Attractiepark Slagharen 2017 - Gold Rush, Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster

This is disappointing to hear as I was planning on attending their fan day at the weekend. Looks like I'll have to go to another park instead now! It's a shame Symbolica or the Star Trek coaster isn't ready yet

I really think Gerstlauer could go a long way with the Infinity coaster (and beyond etc). It's certainly the most flexible ride system on the market.

The Smiler almost makes me change my mind on that but it's by far the worst example that I've ridden.

Slagharen is one of these small parks in Europe that you'd be forgiven for totally forgetting about. I think a lot of this is down to the fact that most of our smaller parks (DMP, LWV, Oakwood etc.) are either penniless or downright depressed (of course some parks buck the trend like Paultons).

But what a lovely place this is! I had no idea! We had to rapidly remove the two Belgian parks from our trip last week due to the governments foreign travel advice, and so hastily booked Slagharen and Hellendoorn inside one day. We began at Slagharen.

The park is small, spotless and an absolute delight. It is akin to what the American Adventure could have been if it had been smaller, cleaner and not given up on itself.

The park is effectively a long, heavily themed western street with two larger areas at each end and a chairlift (USA style) stretching above the entire length of this midway.

The Gerstlauer isn't going to make any top 10 lists but is perfectly decent. The selection of classic Schwarzkopf and Huss flat rides is probably the main draw for an enthusiast. There are so many and all of them are run on perfectly decent settings. A dark ride and simple log flume round off the offering.

If you have a spare day in the Netherlands I would definitely make the effort to call by this place if only once. You can drive to Hellendoorn in around half an hour and the park is also located less than an hour from Walibi Holland and a couple of hours from either Toverland or Efteling.

Delightful.

It's a lovely little park Slagharen, got to visit about this time last year and got a behind the scenes tour of Gold Rush.

It's a fun coaster, the overhang after the launch backwards is quite a feeling. The lap bar restraints suit the infinity coaster so much better as well. Can certainly see how they used this as the blue print for the very good Fury in Bobbiejaanland.

Best thing with Slagharen is you can usually find some decent deals online for entry as well.

Pleasantly surprised by Slagharen. We had originally planned a full day there to kick start our version of the trip, but this was shuffled around to accommodate the loss of Bobbejaanland following the Belgian quarantine rules. Spotless, a wonderful atmosphere, and some wonderful, unique rides that you'd struggle to rack up anywhere else (the chairswing and the Schwarzkopf model of the Enterprise spring to mind).

The indoor water dark ride was a total revelation. Yes, the dome it's housed in is completely visible throughout, but that doesn't detract from the copious amounts of great theming everywhere you look at eye-level.

Gold Rush also has it moments, particularly the hang-time on the back row from the reverse launch. It's a solid coaster for the park it's in, although it's plagued by the 'no glasses even though you have a strap' rule, complete with very restraint pushy-hosts to eliminate any concept of air-time.

Not somewhere I'll be rushing back to anytime soon, but the perfect park to pop in for a couple of hours if you're passing by.

I agree with those above, Slagharen was a lovely little park, clean, tidy and good at Corona Procedures, one way sections, clear markers, etc.

The park seems to have a massive accommodation area next to it with a large amount of lodges, caravans and tents, it’s also got a water park within the park.

You wouldn’t think this park was owned by the same company as Movie Park, which felt tired and unloved, this Slagharen which felt the opposite.

Goldrush was a perfectly good coaster and would certainly suit like the likes of Drsyton Manor, etc. It was also nice to see a park with so many different flat rides, the chair swing was totally weird and over the top but also enjoyable.

Looopings have indicated that Slagharen could be getting an inverted coaster. Much like Energylandia, they have a number of manufacturer concepts for guests to consider, neatly packaged together in the below video. The models available:

1. Vekoma SFC
2. Premier Boomerang
3. Gerst Inverted