• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Berlin Aquadom

Merlin's SeaLife in Berlin is currently closed.

BBC News - Berlin's giant AquaDom aquarium containing 1,500 fish explodes

I have been here, (it was) quite impressive.

That BBC report has been amended to clarify that the Aquadom is a separate attraction housed in the same building as the Berlin Sealife and isn’t part of it as people might have thought.

It’s incredibly lucky that it didn’t happen at a peak visiting time, that amount of flying glass and water would have been absolutely dreadful to explode with people around it.

de5291513d262705867c00b26dc83cdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That BBC report has been amended to clarify that the Aquadam is a separate attraction housed in the same building as the Berlin Sealife and isn’t part of it as people might have thought.

It’s incredibly lucky that it didn’t happen at a peak visiting time, that amount of flying glass and water would have been absolutely dreadful to explode with people around it.

Two people have been hospitalised with injuries from flying glass.

All 1,500 fish in that tank haven't survived, which is a shame. There are ongoing efforts to save 500 other fish in a second tank below.

That BBC report has been amended to clarify that the Aquadom is a separate attraction housed in the same building as the Berlin Sealife and isn’t part of it as people might have thought.

Just read up on it, SeaLife operate the AquaDom but it's owned by another company. It's ticketed separately to their main aquarium.