• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best European Park for...

It might have changed since though.

There's a PDF on the "Easy Pass" which makes it sound like it's the same system as AT (card with time-outs applied):

Don't suppose you'd know if it's possible/easy to get a taxi from the park? Obviously that's fine at the Brussels end (and i know they have Uber too) but with no hotels etc wondering if the return might be difficult.

Noticed the park has very limited opening dates too, generally only weekends and holidays which means can't take as much advantage of the UK half terms sadly.

No idea on public transport. I think it's likely there's something though considering the location of it.

The pass does sound more akin to Merlin. So maybe they've changed it in 5 years.

Europa is almost certainly your best option for variety of rides, rides and areas which are indoors in case of inclement weather, speed of operations (I.e. fastest moving queues). Even without RAP there are attractions which are nearly always walk-on or have minimal queues. You can easily manage your day to visit the attractions with the larger queues at quieter times of the day too.

Efteling is a beautiful park but a lot more spread out with far fewer attractions and less opportunities to get indoors. I’d say DLP site half way between Europa and Efteling in this regard.

Europa is almost certainly your best option for variety of rides, rides and areas which are indoors in case of inclement weather, speed of operations (I.e. fastest moving queues). Even without RAP there are attractions which are nearly always walk-on or have minimal queues. You can easily manage your day to visit the attractions with the larger queues at quieter times of the day too.

Efteling is a beautiful park but a lot more spread out with far fewer attractions and less opportunities to get indoors. I’d say DLP site half way between Europa and Efteling in this regard.

Thanks. I think you're right and it's really only the travel ruling Europa out atm as it's a minimum 2 night stay, probably 3 night if we wanted to do Rulantica too. But it's definitely on the list, hopefully we get there next year (and my son might be 1.3m by then so even better).

Somewhat back to the drawing board with this unfortunately.

My son hasn’t really grown, he’s 1.22 barefoot so I think qualifying for 1.25 with shoes is a stretch, which makes Plopsaland a bit pointless if we can’t do the 2 rollercoasters?

Efteling and Disney are the best options but they both require 2 nights due to the drive length and would prefer to do 1 night first.

Blackpool probably a bit pointless at that height too?

Asterix and Walibi look good but again about the same distance as Disney.

Anything else we haven’t thought of?

Edit: Bellewaerde? Looks like almost every ride is 1.2m and there's a water park. Anyone been?

Last edited: