• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best themed extreme flat rides?

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
I know of Talocan at Phantasialand and Tik Tak at Tivoli Gardens but I can't think of many other extreme flat rides with that level of theming anywhere else.

I know it’s a travelling ride but I think Ice Jet on the UK circuit is really well themed and an excellent experience. It’s like being at a party on there.

25ad7e35daa7c1e54041663648a12b16.jpg

Talocan is THE flat ride that gets shared time and time again on social media for engagement. The ride cycle. The theming. The effects. It all ties together to create something unmatched in this notion.

I wonder how much differently this rode to normal Top Spins, considering that this is the 'Giant' variant of the model?
Not as good I'd imagine. Even the standard 2 row Huss Top Spins sound like they're running at their limit. With that extra weight I'd imagine it's a much slower ride.

Loke at Liseberg. Really well done in the area, and even the way it swings towards Baldur creating an amazing near miss experience is based on the viking stories of Loki attacking Baldur.

Loke is interesting as taken on its own the ride and station aren’t particularly highly themed yet it fits so well in its location next to Balder and the wider Viking themed area that it makes the ride feel perhaps more themed than it really is.

And that’s the thing, some parks are better at than others in the placement of their flat rides. Upswingget is fantastic because It was placed in a brilliant location on the edge of a hill so it swings you over a sheer drop, and likewise Loke looks and feels as though it’s going to swing you right in to Balder. It’s always nice to see flat rides that interact with their location or other themed elements rather than just being plonked down out on their own.

Last edited: