• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best theming in the world

I went to Disneyland in California a few weeks ago - trip report to come when I have some time! - and hopped on the final Mark Twain trip of the evening, right during sunset. Throughout my two-day trip, but especially at that moment, I thought about this question and my conclusion was that Disney is the best, and it's not even really close.

I haven't been to Universal or Efteling (waiting for the Wes Anderson hotel in that case), but of the parks I have visited, Phantasialand is the only real contender as far as immersive theming goes. Berlin, Klugheim, Mexico, and especially Rookburgh are the only themed lands of Disney's quality I've seen outside of a Disney park.

As much as I love Europa Park, I think their theming is not quite on the same level. It's still world class, but missing the obsessive attention to the minute details of theming ("sightlines" and so on) that makes Disney and Phantasialand the champs.