• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

BigAl's RCT3 Projects

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
Saved from TTF...

I've made a lot of stuff in RCT3 over the years but I've only recently started to show some of it off. I thought I'd create a new topic to contain a random collection of all of my projects. Some are big and some are small. Some will also probably be unfinished too! :p

So here's a coaster I started making a couple of years ago but never finished it. Then, a couple of months ago I loaded it back up and completely transformed the ride from the basic track into a heavily themed Mack mine train.

Ladies and gentlemen...

TheGoldRusherLogo1.png

Disclaimer: Subject attraction is "amazing" at the viewers discretion. The creator is in no way stating it's amazing for any reason other than that it looks good on the entrance sign. :p

There are quite a few photos of it, so I'll post some of the best here and then you can see the rest over on my Photobucket account.

Shot0039.jpg

Shot0043.jpg

Shot0044.jpg

Shot0041.jpg

Shot0046.jpg

Shot0048.jpg

Shot0049.jpg

Shot0051.jpg

Shot0052.jpg

Shot0054.jpg

Shot0055.jpg

Shot0057.jpg

Shot0058.jpg

Shot0059.jpg

Shot0061.jpg

Shot0062.jpg

Shot0063.jpg

Shot0065.jpg

Shot0066.jpg

Shot0068.jpg

Shot0072.jpg

Shot0076.jpg

Shot0080.jpg

Shot0085.jpg

That's just 24 out of 48 images. Remember to view the rest here.

The plan with this ride was that, originally, it would be a simple fairground style mine train with minimal theming and a tired setting. However, my idea soon turned into a theme park level attraction and the amount of theming shot through the roof (considering the ride is quite small).

I didn't want the size of the ride to count against how well it could stand up to other mine train coasters out there, so I decided to make the ride interact with other guests as much as possible whilst keeping most of the ride confined to the corner of the park and hidden away from most angles. The most notable aspects where there's some off-ride interaction are the exit bridge (provides a good view of most of the ride to those that have just experience it), the helix next to the queue (after the tunnel exit), the large helix before the tunnel (with synchronised water blasts from the small body of water designed to look like a long stream) and finally the collapsed section where the ride swings out and over the mountain and can be seen from all along the path where the BBQ stand is (if only the track could tilt the other way slightly to pull some negative lateral g's and give riders the feeling they may be about to fall off).

Another way to trick guests into thinking the ride is bigger than it actually its was to disguise and hide away parts of the ride from other areas. I used fences and created dips where rock could shield the riders from view until they emerged in a different area of the ride. I did this because rides should always feel as if they've taken you somewhere; possibly to a place you thought you could never go or experience. This way, I could make the ride feel like it's traversing a large, treacherous mine area rather than a small theme park area. I also built fake tunnels all around the ride (including one over the footpath) to give the effect that there are vast underground tunnels and add to the effect of a bigger ride experience. It all sounds a lot for such a small coaster and, tbh, it probably doesn't come across as being any of those things to most, but I'm still pleased with it. :)

I never planned or releasing this on its own as there's a story and a history to the park I've built it in, but I thought I may as well release it now any way as I can always wind back when the time comes to show the whole park with the story and the individual stories behind each and every attraction.

It's a mediocre effort, tbh. It's still quite obviously unfinished, but I'll get around to it one day. :p
It's actually part of a larger park I made called 'Springfield Forest'. There are many, many other rides in it too (most are still in their basic stages), so I'll hopefully share that one day as well.

Let me know what you think. :)

A teaser of something else I worked on before 'Gold Rusher':

PQCLBubbleLogo.png

Clue: It's a kids boat ride. ;)

Sorry, I didn't point out the key elements to my ride, so here goes...

1. Train gains height before a helix around the water tower and a dip into the flooded rocky section (the water towers sprays water over the train as it passes).

2. The train rises up and spins around the top of the mountain and over the walkway for all guests to see (designed to look like the track is collapsing).

3. A tight downward helix over the stream with water jets synchronised in time with the train passing.

4. Cave and on ride photo.

5. Emerge from cave (through animated mine beam doors) and a tight turn in front of the queue line and walkway.

6. A high speed run through the canyon alongside a shed containing TNT (some of which explodes before the train reaches it but in full view of riders).

7. Train emerges from canyon and turns around a rock that looks as if it's about to fall and hit the train.

8. The finale to the ride comes in the form of a rocking drop towards the shed. The shed erupts into flames before the train passes it. Low head chopping wooden beams are designed to look like debris and narrowly misses the train before it levels out and turns into the station.

The train travels quite fast as well and pulls some intense turns and drops (for a mine trains :p ).

:)

Spoof time! :p

So I've been working on yet more small projects (I really ought to try and stop swaping from thing to thing :p ) and this is the latest of them...

SchwarzetopfLogo.png

Schwarzetopf is a German coaster company that manufactured rides for goodness knows how long over four decades. Although they no longer make them, their roller coasters are regarded as some of the most bizarre and upsetting out of any in the world.

AlpinaBahnLogo.png

AlpinaBahn1.png

AlpinaBahn2.png

AlpinaBahn3.png

Coming soon...
JetlineLogo.png

Sorry there isn't much to show of them really as I actually only worked out how to create CTR's by myself last night and recreated the famous Alpina Bahn (or Himalaya Bahn if you're old :p ) from Schwarzkopf:

AlpinaBahnCrange2008.jpg

POV.

And this is Jetline:
aktivitet-gronalund1_200301208.jpg

POV.

I may refer to 'Schwarzetopf' in some of my future RCT3 projects. :p

I'll add to this with random bits and bobs over time. I just find it really difficult to concentrate on one thing as I think of something else and start making that instead. However, that won't be the case for my Vampire recreation. :p

Dear BigAl

My name is Derk (nickname Mondial Rides) from Sneek Netherlands.

Some time ago you created the coaster "Alpina Banh" from Bruch for RCT3 (Schwartzkopf)

I am very curious as what has become of it, have you ever released Alpina Bahn?

I think it's great coaster and would very muts like to use it at the fair that I'm making.

Greetings Derk..