• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Black Hole

I presume they are the ones who've listed it for sale no?
Ah, sorry... I missed the part about it being put up for sale. Don't I look sheepish!

I thought people were lobbying to bring it back from Sweden whether Furuvik wanted to get rid of it or not... the new suggestion seems more plausible!

Ah, sorry... I missed the part about it being put up for sale. Don't I look sheepish!

I thought people were lobbying to bring it back from Sweden whether Furuvik wanted to get rid of it or not... the new suggestion seems more plausible!
Yeah it's up for sale, and this group want to purchase it and bring it back to the UK. They would operate it for visitors of course, but I doubt it'll happen. There are so many costs associated with relocating rides as well as the purchase fee, let alone the running costs once it's ready.

Bring it to Scotland please! Granted it means ending up at a cesspit M&D's but it would at least make the place worthy of your time to visit. Actually, maybe bring to to Codona's where Looping Star was, would be worthy replacement. Then again anything is better than a Pinfari.

That campaign is doomed to fail as they haven't taken into consideration the other costs and factors. They got the price wromg for a start, it's actually £419k :tearsofjoy:

I asked at the auction and they said "it had been sold". Was curious as I bought a seat from it, you'd think there would have been more than one if it had been scrapped, assume it was the test seat.

To hit 550 pph you'd need to dispatch the train 46 times. Even a Cedar Point crew would struggle to do two thirds of that.

I am not convinced there is going to be a queue to buy Apocalypse. Unless it goes for a song, you could get a broadly similar new ride by the time you've brought it down, shipped it and reconstructed it. Could work in our favour ...

I asked at the auction and they said "it had been sold". Was curious as I bought a seat from it, you'd think there would have been more than one if it had been scrapped, assume it was the test seat.

To hit 550 pph you'd need to dispatch the train 46 times. Even a Cedar Point crew would struggle to do two thirds of that.

I am not convinced there is going to be a queue to buy Apocalypse. Unless it goes for a song, you could get a broadly similar new ride by the time you've brought it down, shipped it and reconstructed it. Could work in our favour ...
Agree re apocalypse - it wouldn’t be cheap to ship anywhere - even if it were in the UK

Being a dirty "southerner", I never rode Space Invader at Blackpool but have ridden it many times at Brean this year where it lives on! I often wonder what it would be like to ride Black Hole again now I'm all middle aged.

Well you've done something I haven't done. I have never been to that park and rode it under its new name and lease of life. It was a real beauty in its day for sure. A space mountain knock off but a valiant attempt at it.

I do remember going on the Black Hole in 1995 for the 1st time (1993 my 1st visit we ran out of time and 1994 after queuing over 3 hrs for Nemesis my non coaster friend was not pleased standing around waiting for me to ride another thrill coaster that day) and the indoor queue use to go left and right leading down to the station area. I kinda remember plasma balls in there then it was all removed and you walked into the station building and down a ramp.