• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach 24/8/12 (Picture Heavy)

QTXAdsy

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Black Hole
Hello there!

After all the madness of my sister's wedding and with college just around the corner, what should I do to finish this Summer on a high note? Why a trip to BPB ofc! :D

Anyway, every since 2006, I've always gone down to Blackpool at least once a year with my Mum and Grandmother, well, it's just me that's let loose around the place while they do their own thing in town. This time round, my old Dad wanted to come on this trip too and wanted to see how BPB had changed over the years, though I didn't tell him about the £5 charge to get in...

Now I was suppose to put up a trip report of my last visit there last year, but computer problems caused me not to carry on, but this time round, I'll make it up to you by showing you this new collection of mine.

So we start the day on a rather chilly day, with the sun going behind the clouds now and again, but likely it only came to a few drops of rain once in the day (which is quite funny considering we are near the Irish Sea!) So without further ado, let's begin...

SDC11835.jpg

Ah yes, one of my favourite sights in Blackpool, walking up to the Pleasure Beach. As I said earlier on, Dad went up with me, though we split up once we got inside. An interesting thing to say that when he was young, the Wild Mouse scared the living daylights out of him, which caused him to stay away from woodies. Idiot...

SDC11836.jpg

Entering now. Ice Blast on the left here and a certain ride in the background that you and I know pretty well. Now this is my first time seeing the new Valhalla rock face in the flesh for the first time, and I was well aware of how people had mixed views on how it looks, but more on that later.

SDC11837.jpg

The giant skull face. No the ride hasn't broke down due to a lack of crowds, but the park had just opened at that time.

SDC11838.jpg

A queue awaits to ride Infusion just before the ride opens. Little do they know what head banging terrors await them...

SDC11839.jpg

The Big Dipper. Notice the crowd here heading over to the ride, it had just opened and everyone was wanting to be the first to ride. I must say, poor ride sadly. I remember it back in 2006 being good, pity that crash has butchered the ride experience. A great crying shame.

SDC11840.jpg

After which, Infusion opened up, and I thought, why not? Now call me an idiot of freak if you like, but I just personally love old school head banging Vekomas. Yeah that's right. I don't know why, I guess most coaster enthusiasts are bit like pampered Princesses who like a smooth MACK or B&M, haha! :p Still, like it's cousins, Infusion has character and is a great photogenic coaster, though I do wish they give it a new repaint, the red's starting to show through. Having said that though, I wouldn't mind if they got the new smoother trains for it, then it'll be quite interesting to see how it'll fair to any coaster fan.

SDC11841.jpg

While standing in the queue for the ride, I couldn't help but notice to see that PMBO has been getting some TLC on it's supports and that the non-painted parts do stick out like a sore thumb. Hopefully that'll get resolved soon with the amount of upkeep they're doing.

SDC11842.jpg

After that, i then went over to see how the new Wallace and Gromit ride is getting on. In this photo here, you can see that they are getting along with it pretty well. But more on that later.

SDC11843.jpg

Just felt like taking this image. The next set of photos are just me exploring around the park and admiring everything like any other dumb Scottish tourist would do. :p

SDC11844.jpg

Nick Streak

SDC11845.jpg

Revolution! I really love that new colour. ;D

SDC11846.jpg

The little railway I have a soft spot for. I still do wonder what if Alton kept their own one...

SDC11847.jpg

Rev again, like Infusion, it is a great photogenic coaster.

SDC11848.jpg

But already I noticed that the orange paint is starting to show through here. ??? Then again I guess I'm just being a bit too geeky, then again you can never be too geeky as a coaster enthusiast.

SDC11849.jpg

Avalanche here. Not one of my favourites I'll admit, but it does have a certain something to it that keeps me riding it again and again.

SDC11850.jpg

Rev again with it's train. The dark red I love also, though I can never get a good shot of the train at the top of the loop...Still, it's a great coaster and one of my favourites. And that airtime...

SDC11851.jpg

PMBO from the queue. I do understand why many think this ride isn't practically a good hyper coaster due to it being rough and having a lack of airtime. But it has an underdog quality that makes you want to root it. Still, I do wonder if they added at least two bunny hop hills after that first drop.

SDC11852.jpg

I don't know, but I'm sure that there is something different with the logo. That blue background wasn't there before, right?

SDC11854.jpg

PMBO again. As you can see, the sky started to get darker here, but thankfully didn't come to much.

SDC11855.jpg

Just looking around Nickelodeon Land now.

SDC11856.jpg

Nick Streak from the queue line. I must say, that Orange colour has started to grow on me lately.

SDC11857.jpg

...Just because I love my railways. :-[

SDC11858.jpg

The Ghost train, or as my Dad calls it, 'The House of Terror' for any horror house ride. ::)

SDC11859.jpg

And now we get back to Valhalla. :) On the outside of the ride, they certainly went round making it look more, erm...effective(?) with those flames.

SDC11860.jpg

And there's Ice Blast. Oddly, this ride had the biggest queue that day, guess many went on it just to dry off after a certain water ride.

SDC11861.jpg

NOW there's a queue for it now! So many of you are probably thinking, what did I think of the new effects? Well...Ok I guess...I mean, we had the water vortex switched off for us this time round! :eek: Guess it did help to make you less soaked. Though while I still enjoyed it, I still think that it could've been better, and I do love this ride whatever you might think.

SDC11862.jpg

And back at W&G, they have more bricks underway here! Well, they're certainly getting on with it, all the more excuse to go back to Blackpool next year. :D

SDC11863.jpg

The remains of the Swap Buggies. I never really cared for them and can only hope that we might see something great here in the not too distance future.

SDC11864.jpg

3 generations of Coasters in that shot. It is funny how Trum-fusion looked bigger in it's Southport days.

SDC11865.jpg

...Give me the Laughing Policeman any day. ;)

SDC11866.jpg

Can't even get that bloody shot right! :mad:

SDC11868.jpg

It's Bradley Beaver! Nice to see him kicking around after being evicted from his old home...

SDC11869.jpg

Just to show you how changeable the weather was. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens in the North West everyday.

SDC11870.jpg

Sadly, Nash was down all day. :'( I don't know what was the matter with it, but it was down all day. Then again, I do wonder what if Nash was revamped into a new Stampdia type ride (with better trains ofc ;) )

SDC11874.jpg

And now we leave BPB behind. And here I just decided to take a photo of the new watersides at the Sandcastle Water park (which on a off topic note, they were both great, though pretty scary though. :eek: )

SDC11875.jpg

But then I notice some of the old rock front on the front of Valhalla here. There's always a snag, er?

SDC11876.jpg

And that's that. Just like that!

So there we go, another dirty weekend in Blackpool done and college will start soon again. ??? Oh well, guess this was a good finale for the Summer for me. So tell me what you think while I'll go to bed soon, haha! :p

Great photos and report :)

The Big One had 2 different signs last year, one under the roof which was removed just before the summer and then the one in your photo was added.

Blackpool_small1.jpg