• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Thurs 19th July

Adam James

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Wild Mouse, BPB
Thought i'd give a shot at the first Pleasure Beach trip report to grace TowersStreet. :)

Deciding to visit was pretty much a last minute manoeuvre after trains were cancelled due to The Open, however I started off the day with a quick peek into Madame Tussauds (which now has four 'gather round guys' photo points), and the Sealife Centre with Dan Lees before heading down South to catch up with Dave, Sammy and Michael.

With it being school crowd season, a Speedy Pass had been pre-booked which I latched myself onto - and although I'm a season pass holder for the park, i'm rather glad I did. Queues were pretty hefty, with both the Big One and Infusion getting queues of over an hour during midday. Impossible had a queue of 20 minutes, which I guess can only have been caused by first-time riders curious as to what is in the building.

Interestingly the Millennium Arcade's glass windows at the construction site for next year's Wallace and Gromit ride has not yet been covered. This allows a great sideview of wooden beams coming down and steel girders going up. I feel this must have been glanced over however, as contractors were looking at concept art in plain view of the public. If the first scene is of Wallace in his living room, then I may just be right. :p

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos as we were pretty active all day with the Speedy Passes in tow -which is quite a nifty system - however here are some high/lowlights and the day's ride count.

Ride Count:
1x Rainforest Rescue, Nickelodeon Streak, Splash Bash
The Big One, Revolution, Avalanche, Infusion
Ghost Train, Alice, River Caves, Ice Blast
Wild Mouse, Grand Prix, Flying Machines, Derby Racer, Impossible
2x Grand National, Valhalla

Highlights
+ Blitzing though queues with a VIP Speedy Pass
+ Chilling out on the Big One block brakes due to a break down
+ Blackpool Tower at night
+ Grand National being very wild and rough after raining (Just how I like it ;))
+ Seeing some concept art for the new W&G dark ride - spent a while figuring it out too
+ Testing extreme G-forces on Rainforest Rescue
+ Being in my favourite town once again
+ Having great company

Lowlights
- Queueing for Impossible
- Getting a headache after the Nash.
- School clientèle generally smoking in the maze and throwing chewing gum off bridges.

Saying that though, was a better day than I was expecting with those crowds! :)