• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)

Tom

TS Member
I thought I'd make a thread as it has been talked about in the Formula One topic and I didn't want to continue to hijack that.

The 2014 season begins at Brands Hatch on the weekend 29-30 March and is shown live on ITV4 throughout the season.

Thanks for starting the tread Tom. I for one an so glad to seen Fabritzio back in the BTCC. He was fantastic to watch for Vauxhall especially - who I supported.

Its so good to see names coming back from the WTCC too, just shows how popular the BTCC is.

Still waiting for Tom Chilton to come back, I met him a few times, again back at Vauxhall and was/is a great bloke.

Who's everyone backing this year? It promises to be more evenly matched with the independents coming more into their own with some amazing financial backing.

I haven't really followed it for a few years but might try this year.

When I was younger I was lucky enough that my Dad worked in the pits on BTCC. If I remember rightly he had a season with Ford and Nigel Mansell then Vauxhall and a season with Matt Neil and his Nissan.

I remember Mansell and his blue Ford Mondeo well. He didn't do too well though from memory... Of course I'm not suggesting that is anything to do with your Dad :)

The whole program is worth watching, but it can be a long old slog on ITV4, (7Hours straight?) so I tend to record the whole thing then x30 the talking between races etc. Other time's I have just tuned in for the BTCC, if I remember.

Although this years A3 will no doubt look nice, I don't think the shape bodes too well for aero performance.

Love the BTCC, I for one am hoping to see a few more up at the top to break the Honda reign, personally I like to see one of the airwaves focus's up there, especially this season with them running three cars

Well the legends didn't look too competitive in the current cars anyway, Turks looking racey and the Hondas looking good again. Wasn't the best weekend, but still some good racing. Estate cars though... Still not sure on them

Plato is looking fast once again but his team mate much less so. Good to see Alain Menu back in racing. Proves that age should not be a barrier too early in life.