• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Broken images on forum posts

Any idea why my image isn't loading on this Brexit post?

I can see it when I edit the post but it doesn't display otherwise. It's 15kb so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't load?

Just had a look and it seems the file is actually a webp file not a png, so the image proxy was freaking out saying it wasn't a valid image (same issue when I saved it and tried to open in Photoshop). I've uploaded a new version that's actually a png and edited it for you :)

Weird. I downloaded the file on my phone and Firefox said it was a png. Does the proxy support webp, or was it the mismatched extension that threw it?

Thanks for sorting.

Weird. I downloaded the file on my phone and Firefox said it was a png. Does the proxy support webp, or was it the mismatched extension that threw it?

Thanks for sorting.

Yeah browsers seem to cope with the difference fine, but webp isn't like by the image proxy even with the correct extension I'm afraid!

Yeah browsers seem to cope with the difference fine, but webp isn't like by the image proxy even with the correct extension I'm afraid!
Just now I managed to fix an image I tried to embed earlier. Turns out that all I had to do was remove the .webp from the link, and it worked. :)

Just now I managed to fix an image I tried to embed earlier. Turns out that all I had to do was remove the .webp from the link, and it worked. :)

That's because that web server will serve the image as both a jpeg and a webp format (hence the .jpg before .webp). They're two different images if you remove .webp from the end, so not a fix for every image host I'm afraid!

That's because that web server will serve the image as both a jpeg and a webp format (hence the .jpg before .webp). They're two different images if you remove .webp from the end, so not a fix for every image host I'm afraid!
Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. :)