• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Building a Park in one day - Greystone Castle

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Ok, today has been a rather dull day because it's the first day of the Easter Holidays but nothing is open.
So I've spent much of today trying to build a small children's park on Planet Coaster

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UTAeA6iMbfWQsxht6
The Park has ten rides
In the Castle there is a restaurant, a hotel and the Dirty Rascal rollercoaster (yep, I named it after an old nursery rhyme)

To the left of the castle in the forest is the forest frenzy interactive dark ride (I am actually quite pleased with how this came out)

The theme with this is that ghosts have taken over an abandoned warehouse in the woods and you have to get them out.

Also next to (and over) the forest is the Blackbird suspended coaster

Behind the castle I tried to do a racing track in an air field with a festival (?) so there is a Go Karts track, Dodgems, ATC tower (ok, it's an observation tower) and paratrooper and balloon rides. Annoyingly I don't think you can film a POV on the Go-Karts unless you let guests in and I can't risk destroying my GPU!

I built a log flume (Greystone Falls) to the right of the castle and that's the part that I'm not as pleased with but it's 22:40 as I write this and I kind of want to go to bed. (The animatronic would probably work well if turning the camera didn't cause the game to freeze).

The only other ride is the railway that does a loop round the park. The railway has an underground station within the warehouse at the top right of the map. I would do a POV but it would be boring and would take ages to upload.

I think you've got a good basis for a park here that you could spend time on refining and turning into something really good, if you so wish! :)

If you want to let guests in the park and test the Go Karts you should be able to set a guest limit in the options menu. The last park I did it was set at 500, just enough to give the place some life but not enough to have any real performance issues.

Like Burbs said you've made a nice little base park. It would be good if you started going through the buildings to start fleshing them out.

This morning I have been doing some more work based on what people have said (thanks you @Burbs and @Tim)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8dneVCqG1iRfLzgp7
As you can see I have added some "fleshed out" the castle" and added some more theming to the interior. I have also opened the park and capped capacity at 500 guests, this was problematic as everyone headed to the Dirty Rascal first leaving the rest of the park pretty much empty. I did however get a POV of the Go-karts, whilst I think the station (or whatever you call it) looks ok, the rest of the track looks a bit plain but I don't know what to add.

I did however get a POV of the Go-karts, whilst I think the station (or whatever you call it) looks ok, the rest of the track looks a bit plain but I don't know what to add.
I added the in-game road signs and street lights to the go-karts ride I made last year. Quite simple but effective.