• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camp Resort April 2022

EuropaDave

TS Member
We stayed at Camp Resort last week, four of us (2 adults 2 kids) for two nights in a log cabin. Cosy but manageable. The log cabin was nice and warm, a bit too warm as I couldn't work out how to turn the radiator off?? We used a travel kettle which worked with no issues. We were allocated a cabin nearest the road which was fine as I was able to park the car right outside for loading/unloading.

It was quiet - Amigos Cantina was closed, the takeaway and Silver Lake Saloon were open though, there was no Wild West show and my son was disappointed that the rodeo bull wasn't operating! Breakfast was good with hot food alongside the usual cold meats, pastries and cereal etc.

Our first time in almost three years, so one thing has changed regarding my advice on the camping thread - the Edeka right next to the park has moved a bit further out of town, so not quite as convenient (actually Lidl is closer now). The 'new' Edeka is a lot bigger though, we purchased some nice kebabs and burgers and cooked them on the fire pit.

Another camping tip, we were told Camp Resort guests could park for free at Rulantica, being advised to drive through the barrier there and the Rulantica reception staff will print an exit ticket, which they did. Not 100% sure if this applies to campers, but the receptionist did ask if I had a motorhome (plus the camping has become more expensive as previously it was no frills/perks) so probably does - but worth asking. It was easier to drive as the shuttle bus only leaves from the hotels area. There is transport from the hotels to Camp Resort so you could get there and back using both buses. We were given two free lockers even though I booked Rulantica separately, not sure why?

The park itself was quiet, we had three days there which was more than enough time, with the lack of queues. Some rides were closed due to high winds on our last day - Silver Star (all day), Wodan, Blue Fire and Arthur on and off. Blue Fire we got on and then off again without riding, as the previous launch rolled back!

You must have been there the same days as us then! Our first day (Monday last week) lots opened late due to the cold weather (Wodan, Blue Fire, Silverstar, Mir - all didn't open til gone 11am) then Thursday saw the wind close lots! Was grateful that they reopened by the very end of the day so could end the holiday with Wodan rather than Josefina's...

Also, there was entertainment in SLS on Monday night, presumably no coincidence with Roland being in that evening too.