• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Car Parking query

Edwardsc

TS Member
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I’ve scrolled through to try and find something.

We are coming to Alton towers on Friday and I’ve seen that there is normal parking and express parking. We plan to arrive by 9.30 for park opening at 10, would it be recommended that we buy the express parking or is the walk not that far from the standard car park

We have never been before, so it’s all new. Thank you

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I’ve scrolled through to try and find something.

We are coming to Alton towers on Friday and I’ve seen that there is normal parking and express parking. We plan to arrive by 9.30 for park opening at 10, would it be recommended that we buy the express parking or is the walk not that far from the standard car park

We have never been before, so it’s all new. Thank you
The walk from the standard car park is 15-20 minutes. Express parking has to be booked online here; https://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/before-you-visit/car-parking/

Thank you. Would you say it’s worth it? Or will I get there and think I could easily have just walked and saved myself £10+ 😂

It makes it easier to nip back to the car for a picnic/change of clothes/nice kip.
It also can give you a bit of extra time on the park if you arrive late.
I have dodgy hips/knees/wankle so we have loved using it for years.
If you want to save the tenner (remember you will be walking miles all day probably), you can always finish the day with Galactica, and leave via that gate.

Not an exact science but my personal preference for the main car parks is to stick to the right hand lane if arriving before/at opening. Recently they seem to be filling what was the minibus parking (turns right at the traffic lights) which is a very short walk from the main entrance otherwise from that lane you usually end up getting sent straight on at the traffic lights to the Galactica carpark with really helps at the end of the day if you aim to exit from the Galactica gates.

I find both these easier than the main car parks (left at the traffic lights)

Yeah I’ve parked in there a few times if you arrive early enough and it’s great for a short walk to the entrance