• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cash Vs card on park/hotels

EuropaJark

TS Member
Hiya, long time Europa fan but not been in 9 years (should have been 7 if it wasn't for the pandemic) and after a little help before my trip in 3 weeks time.

We're staying in the resort hotels (which I've not done since 2007) and spending multiple days on park/Rulantica.

Germany isn't the most debit/credit card friendly place and I can't remember how easy it was to use cards on park or in the hotel bars/restaurants.

I know there is the option of the e-motions cards and there are some ATMs on park.

Basically though, my questions are: 1) how easy is it to use Visa/MasterCard on park? 2) can you charge spends in the hotel restaurants/bars back to your room? If so can that be a different resort hotel e.g. eat at Medici or Silver Lake Saloon and charge back to room at El Andaluz.

I take it as read that Rulantica (via the wristband) and actual hotel receptions accept card. Park tickets are already paid for too.

Thanks for any and all advice :)

I’ve never had any issue paying via card at any EP location, from my trips they have been widely accepted across the park and hotels.

I stayed in park last season and used card throughout my stay and didn’t use cash once. Had no issues anywhere, all the hotel bars and restaurants took card and so did all the places I visited in the theme park.

I thought this would be the case but the Europa Park website is a little vague about card usage!
You’ll be fine for card, if anything covid has really helped a lot of places to take card. A few years back some theme parks wouldn’t take card at all, or you’ll struggle to fine places that take it, now a days pretty much all outlets (even little kiosks) will take card.

Cards just aren't an issue at EP. Of course, always worth having some change on you in case there's a stand or somethimg that doesn't but 99% of venues accept card.

I don't think room charging is a thing but I really don't know for certain.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I took a fair wedge of Euros in physical form in October and brought most of them home. Easy to use card.

I exclusively used my credit card on my last visit. Didn't use any cash at all.

Only thing I found odd was at the hotel restaurants they ask if it is a Visa or Mastercard before bringing the card machine over. If you tell them the wrong thing (like I did accidentally) then they get the arse.

It sounds like EP is the exception in Germany. I've just had a break in Berlin and I was shocked at the amount of bars, restaurants etc that were cash only!

Strange really, considering COVID. Definitely, the least card friendly city I've been to.

It sounds like EP is the exception in Germany. I've just had a break in Berlin and I was shocked at the amount of bars, restaurants etc that were cash only!

Strange really, considering COVID. Definitely, the least card friendly city I've been to.
Going anywhere other than the very touristy spots and you need cash!

Thanks for all the comments, given me reassurance that the small amount of Euros I've got stashed away will suffice and plastic will do just fine!

Great tip Alsty on saying exactly what type of card it is!

The only place in EP that I know to not accept card is the "Flammlachsstand" in Island and the games. Charging in a Hotel restaurant to the room has worked for me before. It was the same hotel, but since it is one resort, that should not make a difference.