• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Center Parcs - what's it like?

Jem8472

TS Member
I am just wondering if anyone has been to centre parcs?

Its Carlas 30th this year and I am doing a party for her but I was thinking of heading here as it looks like it might be a nice little break for us. We both enjoyed the water parks in Orlando. I have had a look at the prices for November and its not that bad. Just wondering if anyone thinks there will be enough to do here in the middle of winter, it would only be a few days during the week.

Center Parcs is a lovely place, no matter where you go, despite the rather extortionate costs to stay there and there's a ridiculous amount to do and you can never get bored with pretty much everywhere within walking/cycling distance. There is always something going on, indoors or outdoors whichever you fancy and you can always chill out (Spa, restaurants) or get into a proper adrenalin mode (Abseiling, tree climbing, falconry etc).

Elveden Forest is gorgeous (I'm aware that's your local) and I would recommend going. Just don't stay in the Original/Comfort lodges as they're rather dated :)

Jem8472 said:
I am just wondering if anyone has been to centre parcs?

Its Carlas 30th this year and I am doing a party for her but I was thinking of heading here as it looks like it might be a nice little break for us. We both enjoyed the water parks in Orlando. I have had a look at the prices for November and its not that bad. Just wondering if anyone thinks there will be enough to do here in the middle of winter, it would only be a few days during the week.

I have been many times with my family over the years (although not recently) and we have tryed all four UK villages. If you have never been before I would really recommend it, there is no other short break in the country like it.

Although the pool is the only free activity on the village, there are loads of indoor sports you can do, outdoor activities like tree trekking and the aqua sana if you want to relax. To be honest the best thing about it is just being able to do what you want whem you want and being able to stay right in the heart of the forest.

We always thought Elveden was the weakest of all the villages (they had a huge fire about ten years ago which destroyed the main complex), but I reckon this might change with these new additions to the pool. And personally I think winter is the best time to go, when it's nice and cold and crisp the forest is a really beautiful place.

:)

The ones I was looking at were the original style exec rooms as they are the cheapest at £199 for a 4 day midweek stay.

Also the new slide does not open until the end of November so would be a bit stupid to go just before it opens.

Jem8472 said:
The ones I was looking at were the original style exec rooms as they are the cheapest at £199 for a 4 day midweek stay.

Also the new slide does not open until the end of November so would be a bit stupid to go just before it opens.

When you say room are you taking about one in the Lakeview Hotel?

Personally I would avoid any original style accommodation as it hasn't been updated in years and tends to get bad reviews these days. It is well worth going for the new style unless it is massively more expensive.

:)