• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Change in website advertisement policy

Tom

TS Member
I was just wondering why there was a change (aside from signatures) in allowing people to advertise their websites when the migration to these new boards took place? I see it's now also in the rules and regs.

I no longer like to advertise mine on forums, but I was just curious what had inspired the change, that's all.

Fredward said:
You never could advertise except in the traffic boost sub-forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes but there's no such equivelent here and I'm not sure it was mentioned in the old site rules?

Got your own website?
If you have your own website – great! Feel free to include a link to it in your signature if you wish. In general, you shouldn’t advertise your site on TowersStreet Talk itself, an exception to this being if you are linking back to it as a source for a post that you have made which adds to the existing discussion. The team do reserve the right to remove or edit posts that they feel may be solely for advertising purposes.

You can advertise your site in your signature with a link and there isn't a rule against mentioning your site in the forums. Its more to stop people just coming onto the forum and say going in the SW7 topic and going "hey i like SW7 come see my SW7 site".

If your linking back to information or posts on another forum or site then that's fine, so long as it forms part of the discussion in the topic it's posted in. We just want to avoid spam.

I imagine we will get a Traffic Boost topic up soon, it's just been more of a priority to get the other forums populated first. As for TTF you never used to be able to link in your sigs or advertise on forums other than traffic boost but that rule was relaxed before we left. No idea what their policy is now though i know of no major change.

I would say that making a post, that adds to the topic and has a link to your site is ok. Just make sure you allow people to link back to this site.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I think it is one for common sense. if it adds to the topic that fine, but random ads for 'pills that make you bigger' is not