• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chester Zoo 2015: Islands development

Jordan

TS Contributor
It's not a theme park, but Chester Zoo have just started to open their huge £40m expansion. It's a collection of islands themed to countries in Southeast Asia.

It looks pretty good - like it has an Animal Kingdom-esque feel to it. There's a 15-minute Intamin boat ride around the outside and later on in the summer they're opening a big indoor exhibit too.

There's an online map of the whole development.

OFrI2OW.jpg

07G4ZOb.jpg

To be fair this looks absolutely fantastic! The themeing looks exquisite and I think it is a really unique way of seeing a variety of animals... this wouldn't look out of place in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

That's seriously beautiful, I had no idea this was going on! I may need to make a visit, never been to Chester zoo but this looks great.

I'm really looking forward to the full opening of this. Whilst I regularly visit London Zoo (because it's on my doorstep), Chester Zoo is the best zoo in the UK and every development from the past 20 years has been fantastic, no doubt this will be too.