• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chinese Billionaire buys Hotel am Park

Rowe

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Matterhorn Blitz (with an Aperol Spritz!)
According to Looopings:

A Chinese billionaire has bought a hotel next to Europa-Park, the largest amusement park in Germany. He has plans striking note: the Asian wants to convert the complex into a luxurious apartment hotel "for wealthy Arabs .

Reports local paper. It's the "Hotel am Park", right at the park border of Europa-Park. Part of the building will be demolished and rebuilt. There are according to Chinese entrepreneurs more and more tourists from countries such as Dubai and Saudi Arabia towards Europa Park. They would need huge rooms. Europa-Park is a popular holiday anyway. At the amusement hear five themed hotels and a campsite. There are plans for new accommodations.

I've also found an article from Badische Zeitung about it from over a year ago, as apparently the hotel was purchased in 2014, but I don't recall seeing any construction or changes to Hotel am Park in December/January.

Erm wow ok, that's all quite random! If it means more visitors to EP though then it has to be a good thing!

:)

I'd be surprised if the locals let this happen.

Last edited:
Hotel am Park is daylight robbery anyway.

The prices, based on 4 sharing, are way more than any other Rust hotel - €60 per person. When the resort hotels are only around €15 (£12) more than this... there's just never any point in considering it!