• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Closed Outlets

It baffles me more as unlike ride closures and park opening hours which obviously save some money (still a bad idea as they damage the product reputation), these closures are stopping the park taking in genuine income. It's not just bad management, it's incompetent management. If I was a a Merlin director I would be asking some serious questions.

delta79 said:
I was thinking, and why not have something like the wobbly hole in the wall Ice creams. Where there they place Ice cream, cold drink chillers and a till next to a big wide opening window and turn it into a small one person outlet, when the cafe area is closed.

If they really thought about it, it could be retasked during the colder months for hot drinks. and called the wobbly hole in the wall hot drinks.

I'm sure that there is a kiosk in Cloud Cuckoo Land very close to Wobble World Cafe which is basically in the wall of the side of the building. This does sell ice cream but I haven't seen it open for a long time. It's always just a closed shutter.

:)

Rob said:
I'm sure that there is a kiosk in Cloud Cuckoo Land very close to Wobble World Cafe which is basically in the wall of the side of the building. This does sell ice cream but I haven't seen it open for a long time. It's always just a closed shutter.

Closed food shops are the new shipping container ;D

TheMan said:
Rob said:

Closed food shops are the new shipping container ;D

Even more so if the food outlets that are closed actually ARE shipping containers!

delta79 said:
I was thinking, and why not have something like the wobbly hole in the wall Ice creams. Where there they place Ice cream, cold drink chillers and a till next to a big wide opening window and turn it into a small one person outlet, when the cafe area is closed.

If they really thought about it, it could be retasked during the colder months for hot drinks. and called the wobbly hole in the wall hot drinks.

Well last season (or maybe the one before) they made a big hole in the wall and put a lovely blue shutter on it, which was just for this purpose, yet I don't think I have ever really seen it open, even in the summer. At least that way they only need one staff member, and can get away with not selling everything they stock, such as sandwiches, etc.

They might as well not bother opening the park.

"No were not opening today. Keep your money as we don't actually want it.... What? You've travelled all this way for nothing? Here have a free fastrack!"