• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coasters you like that others don’t and coasters you don’t like that others do

I think that it is underrated, but I can understand why people don't like it. I didn't like it when I first rode it because it was too rough for me, but I have enjoyed every subsequent ride.
You see, it was glass smooth for me. Think that's partly why I enjoyed it so much lol. I was second row from the back as well.

You see, it was glass smooth for me. Think that's partly why I enjoyed it so much lol. I was second row from the back as well.
Front-car seats (i.e. odd numbered rows) seem to give you a (slightly) smoother ride experience. Front row seems best of all.

It's not a favourite of mine, partly because it's rough and partly because it feels as though it was designed to have a top hat that got scrubbed at the last minute (though obviously never actually on the cards due to the height limit). Just not a good choice of ride for the park it's in in my view.

I have to say that I agree with @Skyscraper. I actually really enjoy Rita, and I certainly rate it higher than most seem to!

While I don’t like it quite as much as Stealth, I rate it reasonably highly; I don’t find it vaguely rough (even my roughest recent rides have had little more than a slight rattle), I think that you get some cracking airtime in places, and the pacing is really fast throughout!

Red Force was one of the most dull, forceless and genuinely uncomfortable coasters I’ve ever done. The launch was… novel for a coaster, in the sense it was designed to just feel like putting your foot down in the car (something you can just do anyway on an empty airstrip (not that I am advocating you should without permission)). The top hat had less to it than Stealth’s, and the only bit of actual decent force was the tiny bit of airtime you got going in to the break run which almost looks like it was fabricated just to join up the track (I know it wasn’t but still). Also the thing rattles like hell unless you’re in row 1, and it’s located in one of the worst “theme” parks on the planet. I even rate Rita above it as at least the launch is punchy if nothing else.

Ride To Happiness.

Have had several rides over two visits and it's never blown me away.
RTH just annoys me, as I adore the thing but you can get some really poor rides on it. I’ve done many rides in a day and had only one be fantastic, all the rest varying between OK and good. I could see if you were unlucky never actually managing to get a great ride just due to randomness alone, even on multiple visits.

It’s the reason I struggle to justify putting it high in my top 10 as every other ride there is consistently great no matter when you ride.

RTH just annoys me, as I adore the thing but you can get some really poor rides on it. I’ve done many rides in a day and had only one be fantastic, all the rest varying between OK and good. I could see if you were unlucky never actually managing to get a great ride just due to randomness alone, even on multiple visits.

It’s the reason I struggle to justify putting it high in my top 10 as every other ride there is consistently great no matter when you ride.
I agree, think I've been really unlucky. Have had a couple of rides that's teased it's potential.

I have to say that I agree with @Skyscraper. I actually really enjoy Rita, and I certainly rate it higher than most seem to!

While I don’t like it quite as much as Stealth, I rate it reasonably highly; I don’t find it vaguely rough (even my roughest recent rides have had little more than a slight rattle), I think that you get some cracking airtime in places, and the pacing is really fast throughout!
Rita's problem for me is the trains and restraints. If you look at the layout, it has the potential to be quite good. You should get way more airtime than you actually do, and should feel more comfortable in the turns when they actually provide some pretty intense forces. But the awful restraints and uncomfortable seats ruin the airtime, the seats again and vibrations ruin the turns. If there was a way of having Blitz style trains on these hydraulic launchers then there's a decent coaster layout there. I've always appreciated Rita, but taking my partner on with me I understand why some find it so uncomfortable. My head clears the solid OTSR's, whereas hers doesn't so her head kept smashing into them and I remember from Baco just how painful that can be.

Rita's problem for me is the trains and restraints. If you look at the layout, it has the potential to be quite good. You should get way more airtime than you actually do, and should feel more comfortable in the turns when they actually provide some pretty intense forces. But the awful restraints and uncomfortable seats ruin the airtime, the seats again and vibrations ruin the turns. If there was a way of having Blitz style trains on these hydraulic launchers then there's a decent coaster layout there. I've always appreciated Rita, but taking my partner on with me I understand why some find it so uncomfortable. My head clears the solid OTSR's, whereas hers doesn't so her head kept smashing into them and I remember from Baco just how painful that can be.
Yep this is my issue (1.5m), just the right (wrong) height so my ears line up perfectly with the restraints. It means I can't brace my head against the back of the seat and so I usually have to hold it out in front where it gets shaken about, meaning I usually come of the ride with a blinding headache. It's vile.

Yea it could be improved with better trains - but I'd happily see it scrapped. That whole area needs a complete rethink anyway.

I agree, think I've been really unlucky. Have had a couple of rides that's teased it's potential.
It needs EuroMir style controlled spinning. The Mack trains are too big and heavy as well. I'd love to try it out on some Maurer cars bolted together or something, you'd get a proper spin on

It needs EuroMir style controlled spinning. The Mack trains are too big and heavy as well. I'd love to try it out on some Maurer cars bolted together or something, you'd get a proper spin on
It has the exact same magnetic system as Time Traveller at SDC, just turned off.

Front-car seats (i.e. odd numbered rows) seem to give you a (slightly) smoother ride experience. Front row seems best of all.

It's not a favourite of mine, partly because it's rough and partly because it feels as though it was designed to have a top hat that got scrubbed at the last minute (though obviously never actually on the cards due to the height limit). Just not a good choice of ride for the park it's in in my view.
Tbh they should replace the hard plastic shoulder straps with the new soft ones. Would be much more comfortable for everyone then.

Or just none at all? What purpose do they serve? The only part of your body that comes into contact with them is the side of your head or you ears. Wouldn't softening them be akin to being punched in the face rather than kicked in the groin?

Can't see the ROI on new trains for Rita.

Expedition GeForce - hideously painful on the thighs. As too is Untamed.

I much prefer their cousins, Goliath at Walibi and Zadra respectively.

Gringott’s at Universal is one I’m not a huge fan of.

Great theming and a brilliant station. It has some pops of what could be a quality ride.

But it’s just too stop-start to get any true momentum going. So much potential but I’d argue too much of a focus on theming over ride quality.

This is especially the case when you ride Mummy which is comfortably the better coaster.

Will have to have a think on rides I enjoy that others may not

Sorry for the double post. Boring day at work so had time to think.

Not a coaster but a ride I enjoy that others may not necessarily is Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. Might actually be a popular ride but given it’s typical relatively short queue time in a park that doesn’t have loads of rides, it definitely goes under the radar of most guests