• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Colour Scheme

AirFAN

TS Member
Is this colour scheme to stay? In my personal opinion, I feel it's lacklustre and slightly depressing. I do associate purple with Alton Towers but for some reason don't feel it's right for the community. Perhaps it's because there's too much purple? Could a few colour schemes be drafted and voted upon? I always think it looks better to have two colours and incorporate varying shades of them both into an overall design (with one being the more dominant).

This post isn't meant to cause offense.

The joys of democracy.

I think pruple works well. If anything, I'd say the pale lilac shade needs to be deeper. Maybe remove the white as well.

In terms of votes, I guess that'd be nice but perhaps we need to be careful about having too many votes. We don't aim to stop at just the logo comp for interaction with members, but we need to have a balance between allowing people to feedback and discuss changes and going for out and out votes each time. Joel and the guys have a lot of work to do behind the scenes in terms of producing content, and from a design perspective I feel (for me anyway!) that it's important that they have one set design to work to as content is at the forefront of what we're trying to do at present. We can always tweak the current design according to feedback, but to have multiple variations be produced is a little time consuming considering the situation we're in in terms of producing a site at present.

I do like the purple. when it is down the side of the main forum strip, it give a gentle frame feel.

Personally I really really like the new scheme! It's a lighter feel - the colours are quite fresh :).

We absolutely appreciate that things won't be to everyone's taste, because that's human nature, however as Craig said, it was (and is!) necessary to find a scheme and stick with it, as there's a lot of site work to be done that will need that colouring foundation to go on.

I'm sure in time there will be extra tweaks to make things stand out more here and there, but I think the basic purple schematic works nicely :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Well im a big fan me purple (as my signature shows!) and purple is one of Alton Towers colours. I imagine once we get the logo sorted there might be a few changes anyway.

With the current placeholder logo and the current website design I don't think any changes are needed. The content is clear, the pages feel uniform enough without being too similar to each other.

I think it's fine but I'd add a gold trim above the navigation bar to differenciate it from the logo and make it more to Alton's colour scheme. Ala to the gold on outside the basic profile on the top right.