• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Consumer advice.

davewazere

TS Member
Hello

I am hoping someone can help me.

I bought a nexus 7 from carphonewarehouse 3 weeks ago. I have had it in a case since I bought it. My problem is today it was dropped from my sofa on to the floor and caused a small crack in the screen. The touch screen no longer works and it is now useless.

Would I be right in thinking that the device was not fit for purpose as it was not durable enough to survive such a small fall with a case, and therefore be due a replacement from cpwh? The nexus 7 itself is in a brand new condition without a mark on it apart from what happened today.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Carphone wont have a bar of it i'm afraid, there was no inherent problem until it was dropped which caused the problem. You could have only really said it was a problem if no damage was apparent now.

I work in mobile phone industry and As above cPwh won't change the devise. Any type of drop will be classed as customer damage. With any drop even the smallest of ones depending on how it lands or what it lands on can cause the screen to Crack. Unfortunately You will need to pay to get the screen repaired.

Yup your only real solution would be if you have accidental damage on some kind of insurance for belongings really.