• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dark Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

Ash

TS Member
Given the parks own stated ambitions of a 365 opening (even if in name only), there appears to me to be huge gaping holes and opportunities in the parks current offering, especially given the current climate to improve variety, reliability and variety of offering.

Types of dark rides the park doesn’t currently have/use:
- Indoor coaster of any sort
- 4D/5D theatre
- Flying theatre
- Omnimover attraction
- Large indoor boat ride
- Indoor flat ride
- Trackless dark ride
- Museum/Walkthrough

Personally I’d love to see all of the above arrive at the park, Alton does struggle with space for buildings but there is opportunity there.

Indoor Coaster : Hopefully this is project horizon, and a intamin multi dimension coaster like uncharted or the Mummy

4D/5D theatre: Get the old ice age theatre reopen and get simworx in for some new seats, or build a new custom building behind left hand side of towers street or the staff car park between MB and Magic Hq, could be themed to pirates

Flying theatre: Brogent copy from Lego mythica either in similar locations to mentioned above or possibly behind hex following the removal of some buildings, themed to sir algenon

Omnimover: could be in MB with a pirates theme, possibly the towers themselves dependent on footprint. Also could repurpose to dungeons to something else.

Large indoor boat ride: Jumanji themed, on the large car park behind KC or TCAAM.

Indoor flat ride: X sector, Dark forest or both

Trackless Dark Ride: Groundbreaking symbolica scale ride on air car park, also containing family indoor area akin to Arthur

Towers ruins: Not sure if there a way through from Crux but turn that into a large intro/video room leading into multi story museum

Given the parks own stated ambitions of a 365 opening (even if in name only), there appears to me to be huge gaping holes and opportunities in the parks current offering, especially given the current climate to improve variety, reliability and variety of offering.

Types of dark rides the park doesn’t currently have/use:
- Indoor coaster of any sort
- 4D/5D theatre
- Flying theatre
- Omnimover attraction
- Large indoor boat ride
- Indoor flat ride
- Trackless dark ride
- Museum/Walkthrough

Personally I’d love to see all of the above arrive at the park, Alton does struggle with space for buildings but there is opportunity there.

Indoor Coaster : Hopefully this is project horizon, and a intamin multi dimension coaster like uncharted or the Mummy

4D/5D theatre: Get the old ice age theatre reopen and get simworx in for some new seats, or build a new custom building behind left hand side of towers street or the staff car park between MB and Magic Hq, could be themed to pirates

Flying theatre: Brogent copy from Lego mythica either in similar locations to mentioned above or possibly behind hex following the removal of some buildings, themed to sir algenon

Omnimover: could be in MB with a pirates theme, possibly the towers themselves dependent on footprint. Also could repurpose to dungeons to something else.

Large indoor boat ride: Jumanji themed, on the large car park behind KC or TCAAM.

Indoor flat ride: X sector, Dark forest or both

Trackless Dark Ride: Groundbreaking symbolica scale ride on air car park, also containing family indoor area akin to Arthur

Towers ruins: Not sure if there a way through from Crux but turn that into a large intro/video room leading into multi story museum

This entire post is a "shut up and take my money" meme, i couldn't agree with it more and all the ride ideas are excellent (but I might suggest some alternative themes).

Tbh it's always baffled me why a park in this part of the world hasn't built more weather proof rides. Is it predominantly an economical decision? Dark rides seem pretty rare in the UK in general, it's strange, especially when you look at a lot of the major European parks that generally have more favourable weather and far more major dark rides.

Sky Lion is arguably the most popular ride at LegoLand so it's not like there isn't public appetite, not to mention LegoLand has the most dark rides and stays open the longest of the Merlin parks.

Gruffalo/Bubbleworks is still beloved 33 years later and The Curse 31 years which would indicate Dark Rides are solid long term investments and can be relatively easily updated for a new generation to enjoy.

There are a number of reasons why the merlin parks are not open all year round and the main one is the staff, Merlin would have to pay staff a load more for less work as not many people would come during these cold times but still, the park does need some more flat rides and a indoor one would be amazing

I'd honestly far prefer Project Horizon was a dark ride coaster akin to Fire in the Hole than a standard indoor coaster

No IPs at Towers. Not a fan of them.

Also they won't build inside the Towers. It won't happen. They're listed for a reason. A museum yes, something like a ride? No. Even Hex is a very special planning situation with no actual ride inside the Towers.

Whenever the Gangsta Granny IP run out, I'd like to see the ride rethemed into an interactive shooting dark ride, as a ride system at that scale with screens would work much better being converted into a shooting ride than something the scale of The Haunted House. I'd also love to see a replacement for the 4D cinema, whether that be a live stage show or another 3D/4D cinema.

The CatCF building could stay as two attractions as it is now but with more permanent replacements for both. Maybe have the space for Trick O Treat as a mirror maze style of walkthrough and then have the boat ride rethemed into something to compliment Project Horizon.

Beyond that, I don't think Towers needs any more indoor attractions, maybe apart from a CBeebies dark ride, as long as the park maintains what it currently has and has under development, it should be one of the most well-rounded parks in the world for indoor rides, aside from the Disney parks.

When the licence for TWODW runs out whenever which includes GG, any idea what original IP theme they could use to retheme GG? For a filler ride in which it works better instead of a main attraction it does have potential fulfilling a piece in the park's dark ride line up.

Retheme the area to Merrie England, and have a “royal jewels” tour.

Or perhaps a mini Lego factory…

I’ve thought for years that a Lego theme would suit that area. Driving School is a staple Lego attraction, reopen the Theatre showing the Lego 4D shows, make GG a Lego Factory attraction. Use the buildings opposite to have a proper LEGO shop, cafe, and put a Miniland in the open area opposite the driving school and into the old Outta Control building

Call it Brick Avenue

A modern shooting ride like Maus Au Chocolat at Phantasialand. Even that off-the-shelf, in a building behind the towers themed as the kitchens of the towers would be great.