• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dubai Parks & Resorts: General Discussion

When I went a few years back we did a good mix of parks and non park stuff. Went to IMG, Motiongate and Ferrari. Plus Atlantis water park. While IMG was ok and a couple of great rides (the avengers (Spider-Man style dark ride) was very good) I wouldn’t rush back there and would easily give it a miss.

Really enjoyed Motiongate, how to train your dragon the Mack suspended was a highlight. I also enjoyed the Hunger games themed Mack launched coaster and the Madagascar launched coaster.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm not overly enthused by the line up at IMG either. It's decent don't get me wrong but it definitely feels like it's missing a stellar attraction or two. Be good if they had a fairly unique world class coaster as a bit of a USP.

So they've just announced the Bollywood Park is shutting down for good today.

From the statement it sounds like they'll be re-branding it and re-opening it in the future. The wooden coaster has never opened, and they've got two unassembled coasters sat in the parking lot.

Their theme parks have sadly not taken off at all have they? The locals haven't bought into it so they must run a huge losses. Even the highly impressive Motiongate was a ghost town when we visited. Every ride was walk on all day.

If Motiongate or IMG were in Europe they would do very well indeed. Both nice parks with plenty of good attractions too.

Such a shame really. Dubai just isn't seen as a Theme Park destination for families and if the locals aren't getting behind them then that's a recipe for disaster.

It always looked to me that they thought we want to be like Orlando, but not realising it took 40+ years for that to become what it is today with the multiple parks ran by different companies.