• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel Queue Line?

Blizzard

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Gotta be Oblivion tbh!
I was just watching a few videos of the Duel queue line on youtube. I have walked through it once or twice a few years ago, but never seen it used since.

So i've been wondering if it could be used for something else? Maybe something to do with katanga? A scaremaze or a new ride.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to see what people think about it as it does seem a waste of space at the moment.

:)

It's still used for the often lengthier queue that Duel: Live (or whatever it's called this week) gets during Scarefest. :)

Sam said:
It's still used for the often lengthier queue that Duel: Live (or whatever it's called this week) gets during Scarefest. :)

So for a few weeks of a whole year then? Surely thats not enough reason for it to be left as it is? Maybe if Duel finally gets a re-furb, it may be used again. But it could be turned into a kind of temporary attraction during the main season possibly.

Either way, I think something needs to be done with it.

;)

The thing is if a new ride were to open there and it was advertised as a new ride, where would be the queueline for this new ride then? It would be hard to work it in the forest as the queueline is rather thin and tree removal is frowned upon. But to be honest with these gate figures I don't think Scarefest will be as busy upon Duel: Live's return I don't think most of it would be used. I'd just leave it as it is, but I'd love to see more or some of the comedic gravestones relocated around the area and most specifically the HH and Gloomy to FV trek.

Scarefest will always be busy compared to the main season, however I dont think there's much they can do with it nor do I think they should. Its nice to spot it whilst walking through the woods its like a hidden graveyard rather than a flattened bit of woods for a ride.

While Duel is a brilliant ride in terms of throughput the extended outdoor queue is still used occasionally on busier days. With rides like Nemesis for example not opening the upper extension which enters Air's ride area is a suitable sacrifice, as if the queue should extend out of the entrance it isn't really impacting anything else. However, Duel is situated in a small area, and should they need to extend the queue out of the entrance it would create a bit of a bottleneck, potentially obstructing entrance from Katanga Canyon, and also access to Waffles and Ices.

Plus, the queueline does contain some smaller elements of theming. I personally would prefer us not to loose any more of the theming we have on park :p

The issue also is which theme would an attraction there fall under? The path is designed to be leading you away into a creepy woodland, so bringing African themed attractions closer to it would spoil that effect. Likewise, having a spooky themed attraction in the area would detract from Katanga's theme.

Also, it's ok saying that there is space for an attraction there, but after you've built that how much room is there for a queueline? While Sub-Terra's buildings have a reasonably small footprint the queue is considerably larger, and sprawls much more. They would need to provide space for this when constructing any new ride.

I really think they're better off leaving it as it is personally. The pro of a new attraction if you ask me is significantly outweighed by the negative impact it would have on the surrounding area.