• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Easiest Euro Park to drive to ?

towerslover101

TS Member
Morning All

My wife is afraid to fly , however we have done every uk park to death and I really fancy doing some European ones, the only issue is we have kids and I am disabled, so driving for days on end isnt really viable, I was wondering if there are any euro parks that are within faily easy reach of a ferry crossing etc ?

Thanks in advance

Plopsaland is within a 45 minute drive from Calais...

DLP is about 3 hours from there, with Parc Asterix en route...

Most parks in the France/Belgium/Dutch region are very easy to get to, Germany is dependant on how far you want to drive...

I always thought DLP was STUPIDLY Expensive TBH

I dont mind a couple of days drive with an over night hotel, We were talking about Port Adventura for Xmas, but im not sure how long that is likey to take?

Another question is, because of my disabilities, I use the Merlin wrist band to use the exits, do European Parks also offer the same sort of service?

Thanks

Moved thread to Trip Reports and Planning.

The easiest park to drive to from the UK is Plopsaland De Panne, it is about 45 minutes from Calais and well worth a visit. Anubis is a great coaster!

Toverland and Efteling are fairly close to each other and not too hard to get to from Calais. Movie Park Germany is not too far away from this region and then a bit further south is Phantasialand.

If you want to go further afield then Europa-Park is about a 7 hour drive from Calais. I recommend that the journey is broken up somewhere in the middle (around Reims maybe). It is well worth the drive, especially as the route is very straightforward and rather quiet due to toll roads.

Driving as far as PortAventura is probably pushing it a little. I'm sure it's possible but is not something I'd consider as there are far more sensible options.

Of course when you are driving to a park in Europe you always have the opportunity to turn it into a bit of a road trip and visit more than one. You are often passing by parks on your way to 'main' desinations.

:)

Agree. Plopsaland is well worth a visit and you can couple it with a nice shopping trip to the hypermarkets in Calais.

If you did want to drive to Portaventura it could be a bit easier, I think in France they do something called a Car train and you take your car on the train down to spain. Alternatively you could get the cruise ferry down from Portsmouth to Bilbao and drive across Spain, I know quite a few people who do that, especially if they are traveling with caravans.

:) :)