• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Elysium City - Spain

El Paramount Parque looks amazing but until it happens I can't imagine there's much need for a park 90 minutes from Madrid. As for the F1 track I can only see them leaving Catalunya if they get their independence from Spain.

Saying that they do have an ex Disney VP on board, so fingers crossed we should start seeing some concrete plans by the end of next year if phase one is to be completed in 2023.

Unless we actually see Elysium City come to fruition, I'll remain very skeptical of any attempts to build a new theme park in Spain and especially one that touts 'Disney-level'. These projects always seem to struggle in the industry there, whether they can't find investors and funders or there's a setback with location or something bigger that sinks the whole thing. Paramount Parks have tried their hand twice what with running Terra Mitica (and bankrupting it) and trying to build a new park over in Murcia (until that project got cancelled in 2017), for example.