• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energizer

I found an interesting video on Super Novas and it shows what was |Energizer/Bone Shaker in its current location.

Wow, I thought that thing was sold for scrap. So many happy memories of this and I’m forever hoping that the park gets another one. It had the most airtime of any ride on park and still would.

I'm not sure any of those are Boneshaker are they?

My understanding is that Mondial purchased both that ride and Dynamo. The latter was refurbished and sold to a showman, Dutch I think. I thought Boneshaker had more fundamental issues though, having never recovered from an incident involving the gondola flipping over (without guests).

My understanding is that Mondial purchased both that ride and Dynamo. The latter was refurbished and sold to a showman, Dutch I think. I thought Boneshaker had more fundamental issues though, having never recovered from an incident involving the gondola flipping over (without guests).
That’s why I said I thought it was sold for scrap. Supernovas can flip with riders onboard depending on the setting but Energizer and especially Boneshaker never operated at this level. I’m sure Boneshaker suffered a massive gearbox fault due to it being operated on very mild settings which the ride was never really designed to do on a regular basis. Plus, Boneshaker was located in a really random area of Ug Land pre-Rita which didn’t get much footfall unless you knew the ride was there. It was located behind the entrance to Thirteen if my memory serves me right. The lack of interest in the ride led the park to think it wasn’t worth maintaining.

I don't think Mondial Supernovas can flip, there was a similar model which could though. If I recall correctly, the ride had individual lap bars, and not the sort that could really hold you to the seat, just enough to prevent you from standing up.

I believe the forced tame setting was a symptom of the ride dying rather than a cause of failure, but again I could be wrong.

The video says that Achilles Anger at Terra Mitica is the ex Energizer/Boneshaker

I saw an article about it a few years back, which provided some pretty compressive evidence that Achilles Anger is Boneshaker. Or at the very least, that Achilles Anger is a Supernova that was refurbed by Mondial in exactly the same time period that they should have been refurbing Boneshaker.

So it slightly comes down to how likely you think it is that two Supernova's would have been in Mondial's refurb facility at the same time over the winter of 2005.

You do have to bear in mind that there are very few rides that leave Alton Towers that are beyond refurbing - almost all the rides that have left Alton Towers that you've not seen being wrecked on site have gone on to new homes. Even the likes of the Corkscrew (and dare I say Ripsaw) would have had more operational years in them if the right people had been interested in them.

I saw an article about it a few years back, which provided some pretty compressive evidence that Achilles Anger is Boneshaker. Or at the very least, that Achilles Anger is a Supernova that was refurbed by Mondial in exactly the same time period that they should have been refurbing Boneshaker.

So it slightly comes down to how likely you think it is that two Supernova's would have been in Mondial's refurb facility at the same time over the winter of 2005.

You do have to bear in mind that there are very few rides that leave Alton Towers that are beyond refurbing - almost all the rides that have left Alton Towers that you've not seen being wrecked on site have gone on to new homes. Even the likes of the Corkscrew (and dare I say Ripsaw) would have had more operational years in them if the right people had been interested in them.
Evidently so if it's operated for 15 years on top of the 8 or 9 it did in Staffordshire before being binned off.

Good info, glad to see it's still alive and kicking, it was my favourite flat.

It's as good as closed ... Feels like it's in managed decline, if nothing else.

Worth remembering that when manufacturers "refurbish" flat rides they can often replace a high percentage of parts because it's economical for them to do that, so even though a unit goes from Park A to Park B, a manufacturer might replace 50% of the components that make it up in the process - in what is essentially a fast forward of what happens over the course of a decade in a park.