• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland) TR

DanJB

TS Member
Just got back from a week in Krakow, during which we visited Poland's biggest and newest theme park, Energylandia. We spent 4 hours there and overall had a good time, but there are a few things that could be improved on:
  • There new Vekoma launch coaster (F1 coaster) was not open yet as it opens this weekend. Looked pretty decent though.
  • The layout of the park is pretty confusing. It's one of those places where you can be stood right next to where you want to be, but have to walk half way around the park to actually get there.
  • The behaviour of the other people in the park was pretty bad. Queue jumping galore that wasn't helped by having queue paths that are wide enough for three or four people standing side by side. We were also shocked at what we saw on the park's splash battle, where every boat seemed to have people standing up, sticking their arms/legs into the water, and even getting out of the boats to run around the 'islands' in the middle of the ride. This could be because it was the beginning of the school holidays (school kids are awful in any country), but it was quite frustrating.
Those are the only complaints we had about the park, so let's get on to the good stuff:
  • The park was very clean and tidy. There were a few patches of graffiti here and there, but other than that everything was spotless.
  • The theming was on the whole very good. There was one corner of the park that felt a bit 'funfair', but most of it was pretty good.
  • For a small and new (2 years old) park, they have a very good collection of rides, especially when the F1 coaster opens in the coming days.
  • We came away from the park with the feeling that whoever owns it has a real enjoyment for theme parks.
  • Operations were good, trains being filled and dispatched pretty quickly. The SLC started out with one train and half an hour wait but they soon introduced the second train. Once the queue went down to a station wait, they went back down to one.
So now onto the rides. Due to limited time, and another reason I'll get to in a minute, we didn't ride too much, but here's what we did get on:

Roller Coaster Mayan
We started the day with two rides on the park's biggest coaster, a Vekoma SLC. Same layout that we all know and love, including the jolts and rattles, but the new vest restraints do improve the experience quite a lot. Honestly, it was quite enjoyable when you don't have to worry about being beaten senseless.

Dragon Roller Coaster
Next up was two rides on the park's Vekoma family suspended coaster, with the same layout as Orkanen at Fårup Sommerland. Never been on one of these before, so I didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being my favourite ride of the day. Very smooth, with good forces and some pops of air.

Aztec swing
A gyro swing type ride, that we ended up wishing we'd skipped. A combination of a long ride cycle, fast spinning and a ride op that rammed the restraint right down onto my stomach meant this nearly had the honour of being the first ride I've ever thrown up on. Deciding to follow this up with another another ride on the SLC probably wasn't the best idea.

Monster Attack
Decided to give my brain and my stomach a chance to re-establish communication by checking out the park's shooting dark ride. It was pretty well themed, but there are no scoreboards on the the cars themselves, and the scoreboard at the exit wasn't clear on which was your score, which made the whole thing slightly pointless.

Energus Roller Coaster
The final ride of the day was a Vekoma family coaster. Pretty standard stuff, but nicely landscaped.

At this point, we could have stayed another hour, but due to still feeling ill from Aztec swing we chose to call it a day. We missed out on three credits, a wacky worm, an SBF Visa spinning coaster and a small nine train type thing, so no real loss. Overall I was quite pleased with the park, it seems to be doing well and will hopefully continue to grow and expand. :)