• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Entertainment - future

Interesting idea - it is a listed structure so it could prove tricky for them to get permission to do this.

Might be easier/cheaper for them to build a new venue from scratch in the long run.

The theatre in TWODW is there to be used for entertainment once again rather than some 4D show. I have no doubt that it will be put to use in the future or at least see something happen with it once Project Horizons happens though even if they did, it would likely be just for families and the adults won't have their fill.

I agree that the park will have to appeal to a more mature crowd either at the hotels or maybe during the height of summer an area of the park could have a theatre built, or rather some of the many empty spaces on the park which we can have our pick of, can have a show aimed at an older audience that can be performed during the busy summer season.

Interesting idea - it is a listed structure so it could prove tricky for them to get permission to do this.

Might be easier/cheaper for them to build a new venue from scratch in the long run.
I would imagine it’s easy enough to build a self supporting roof over the central courtyard without touching the oudee buildings. As @ATR1991 said the kitchens, toilets and entertainment dressing rooms are already within the existing structure anyway, it’s just the central courtyard cover that needs expanding.

There were plans for a smokehouse restaurant on the courtyard site and if I remember correctly the plans involved enclosing the courtyard to create an indoor restaurant. So it would be possible to enclose the space.

The restaurant plans were only to replace the existing canopy like for like, and to add glass screens up to half the height of the canopy to provide shelter for guests seated in that area.

There was lots of talk in that application about maintaining sight lines from the Battle Galleons area, and opening up areas that had previously been closed to keep the planners happy.

More info here:

That’s is what makes me think that an application to close off the various entry ways and add a bigger canopy/roof structure wouldn’t go down well. Making it more feasible to just build a show venue from scratch elsewhere, if that is what they wanted to do.