• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa meet-ups

emmerse2891

TS Member
Couldn't find another topic on this, and not sure if this is the right part of the forum..... but anyway....

One thing my recent trip to Europa with a non enthusiast friend made me realise is that I'd really like to go to the park, meet and hang out with other people who really love and 'get' the park.
In the past I've either A, gone with a group of enthusiasts who are more coaster enthusiasts, who wanted to mop up creds, and whilst enjoying it didnt appreciate the nuances of the park and would probably only re-visit if they got a new coaster, B by myself - did this in 2020 and to be honest had a great time, but it isn't ideal or C, go with friends who casually like theme parks but again don't fully get the nuances of the place!

So I know such things are a nightmare to organise, and not as easy as Towers etc, but it would be great to meet some like minded people on a mini-meet or unofficially etc - I'd literally be up for going to Europa anytime!

With us being a UK fansite, TS/ES trips to Europa these days tend to be organised in pre-established mini social groups, having been meeting up at Towers and generally being friends for years. Gone are the days of the en-masse European trips, although that's not to say they won't come back in the future.

I'd suggest getting to know other geeks and like-minded enthusiasts first by coming along to our UK park meets. I'm sure you're a lovely person but most people would want to already know someone before embarking on a holiday abroad.

Of course, on the other hand, there's quite often a group of us from here at Europa at any point throughout the year! There is a chance that when you head out there someone from here will be there too, so feel free to give a shout here on the forum if you wanted to meet up with people for an afternoon for instance.

That all makes sense, it's just getting to that point, as a non driver and living in the south I don't really go to Towers, and am not really a fan of our UK parks if I'm honest (shock horror) I probably go to Europa more than I do Towers, if anyone does trips to Thorpe, Chessington or Legoland however - those are much easier.

And I'm not suggesting going on a whole trip with people, flights and sharing rooms etc - just meeting at Europa like you would a UK park, hang out in the park, have a drink go your own way afterwards etc, I know what its like in groups and the risk of certain 'odd' personalities and that need for boundaries etc lol! believe me.