• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park Operations/Throughput

Certainly up to and including 2019, Silver Star and Wodan only have two trains available in winter season. Blue Fire has 3. I'm guessing this remains the same.

Winter season crowds are always lower than peak summer so some trains are under maintenance. Right back to my first winter visit in 2004 - queues have always moved slower in winter but qieue times themselves remain less than, say, August or October.

Surprised to hear Silver Star was 40 on 2 though. It still pulls 1200/hr on 2.

Off there next Thursday so will update.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Surprised to hear Silver Star was 40 on 2 though. It still pulls 1200/hr on 2.

Off there next Thursday so will update.

It was the busiest Saturday I’ve ever seen in the winter season, genuinely packed and Silver Star had opened later in the day due to weather. Eurotower was even advertising 30 minutes at one point!

The idea of artificially creating queues works for somewhere like Thorpe Park. Their you really can get through the rides too quickly and have nothing else to do. But Europa does have enough to do. There's no need to create queues when even on a day with no queues it's not likley you'll make it around every ride.
Plus keeping people out of queues and in the Christmas Market will actively help generate profits.

As others have said it's most likley they start winter maintenance during the Christmas event.

On the other hand, they don't run rides on full capacity when it's not necessary - you rarely see Silver Star on 3 trains if there's no-one about. Similarly Blue Fire requires additional staff to run at full capacity, so on quieter days it can't run 4 trains as offload isn't staffed.

I did see Blue Fire on 2 trains back in April, which racked up a 30 minute odd queue, but no issue (unless you’re a ride whore and want to lap it countless times) as the rest of the park was completely dead.

I always worry that when visiting for multiple days and the park is so quiet you’re going to run out of things to do, but truthfully I’ve never had that issue!

Is it busy on park @AstroDan?

I don’t think Blue Fire even ran on 4 trains at all during my trip in April, so it running 4 trains during winter season would certainly suggest a busy park…

Voletarium opening 1h 15m early is amazing!

Is it busy on park @AstroDan?

I don’t think Blue Fire even ran on 4 trains at all during my trip in April, so it running 4 trains during winter season would certainly suggest a busy park…

Voletarium opening 1h 15m early is amazing!
Today was quieter than yesterday, which was 8pm close and yesterday was quieter than 26/27th which were exceptionally busy 8.30pm closes.

Longest queue today 40 min with close of 7.30pm.

It used to be 7pm standard, 8pm in holidays. Now they seem much more flexible