• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europe road trip

Ok. On the first day, I have a half day to fill at a belgium park, and i was wondering if i should do walibi, plopsaland or bobbejaanland. I was thinking of saving plopsa till summer when heidi opens, and walibi looks better than bobbejaanland (psyke underground looks awesome)
Does anyone disagree or agree

Of those 3 I'd choose Walibi, if only for Psyke Underground and Pulsar. Plopsa - I'd probably wait for Heide to open, like you say!

I haven't done Bobbejaanland, but I've not heard good things, and from my own experiences of the other two in August I'd suggest that you drive on past them. If you must do one make it Walibi Belgium, but it's vastly inferior to Walibi Holland.

I'm planning to do similar but pacing it out a bit, Doing 10 days at 8 parks in June when most of the new attractions should be open.

Aiming to do: Plopsaland, Walibi Belgium, Walibi Holland, Efteling, Movie Park Germany, Toverland, Slagharen, Phantasialand.

Considering squeezing in Bobbejaanland too but bit put off by some of the feedback.

However some of these parks are half days (Slagharen and Movie Park) and we are spending 2 days at Efteling and Two at Phantasialand just to relax a little :D

Also may be worth checking out the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk as means a little less driving as you start your journey about 30 minutes up the country and is like £22 return

Europa Park is certainly one of the finest wines out there in the theme park world.

It's a park where you need at least three days to appreciate it and with upcoming investments you could spend almost a week there. Even Rust is a delight to visit too.

A road trip will probably be a while off me, until I've been driving some while but Plopsa, Toverland and Walibi Holland are amongst the places I want to hit when I do.

Once the waterpark is open then it will be possible to spend a nice week at EP and the surround area. 3 or 4 days at the theme park, half a day at the waterpark, some time relaxing around the hotels/Rust, a trip out into the beautiful mountains where there is lots going on and maybe a further venture to somewhere like Tripsdrill.

:)

Knew it was right. Looks like I'm spending 3 days at the theme park, with a day on each side for travel and looking around rust. Does anyone know if there is a way to hit up holiday park for half a day? Won't have a car, but would defo spend 5 hours on a train to get a ride on Geforce (flying to strasbourg)

Nothing like a nice nap at the wheel while dreaming of all those 'credits' you've clocked up.

Other than the big rollercoasters, what suggestions does anyone have for good dark/small rides? Also, I couldn't find out when project v opens, so if anyone knows that would be great.
This is probably better suited to the Europa forum, but I cba to move it.

I'd say don't bother with the kiddy rides near the observation tower (I forget their names, but there's a couple of boat rides and a couple of small-car-on-track type rides, all outdoors). Most other small dark rides have a certain charm, such as Piccolo Mondo and Bench. The bigger dark rides like Giesterschloss and Pirates in Batavia are must do.
It's not the best park for flat rides, but the spinning planes thingy near the wild mouse is quite fun. Nowhere near as intense as it might look at first, so don't be put off if you're not a spin fan, it's no worse than a Wave Swinger.

The rapids can be very wet, but they do tone down some of the effects in colder weather. Speaking of wet, Atlantica is actually quite dry, as the wave is thrown forwards and away from the boat... Whereas Poseidon will leave you soaked.

Cassandra (the mad house) may not be the best, but it is certainly "different", and has a great soundtrack.

The brothers Grimm thing in the enchanted woods area is good for a sit down when your feet hurt, but not worth waiting more than a couple of minutes for.

I'm sure more will come to me in 48 hours when I'm there. ;)
As for Project V, I have no idea. :)

Other than the big rollercoasters, what suggestions does anyone have for good dark/small rides? Also, I couldn't find out when project v opens, so if anyone knows that would be great.
This is probably better suited to the Europa forum, but I cba to move it.

I think they are hoping to open Project V in May 2017 however they are not committing to anything specific at this stage.

:)

Well, it's booked. Anyone think it's a good idea to sacrifice one of my three days at europa for holiday park? Europa does look like a better park by miles, but geforce does look like a potential number one... :confused:

Well, it's booked. Anyone think it's a good idea to sacrifice one of my three days at europa for holiday park? Europa does look like a better park by miles, but geforce does look like a potential number one... :confused:
I personally would not be satisfied with just 2 days at Europa-Park. However, you could purchase tickets on the day for EP, buy a 2-day ticket for your first 2 days, then decide after the 2nd day if you are happy to move on to Holiday Park or if you want another day at Europa, where you could just buy another 1-day ticket. :)