• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europe - The Long Awaited Return

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
So bar a single day in March where I went to Rennes for a football match, I had not set foot in Europe since December 2019/January 2020. A long 28 months without a proper holiday (thanks Covid). So needless to say that the trip I have just returned from was much needed and thoroughly enjoyed. This was shared with the wonderful @Sazzle and @Russell!

Where did we go I hear you ask? Well, we visited the following parks:
  • Plopsaland De Panne
  • Bobbejaanland
  • Europa-Park & Rulantica
  • Tripsdrill
Whilst at Europa-Park we had one night on Resort in the Presidential Suite of Hotel Castillo Alcazar. More on that in a future post but I can tell you now that it was spectacular.

For this trip we drove and utilised the Eurotunnel for travel between Folkstone and Calais. I had been to all these parks previously other than Bobbejaanland; so for this reason I will only be posting some thoughts on the parks I have visited rather than full reviews.

So, let us start at the beginning.

Plopsaland De Panne

I have been here twice before (2012 and 2018) and it is a park I rather like, but there was one rather large Mack shaped reason for a return. This time we also decided to stay at the new Plopsa Hotel; our package here included the room, an evening meal at their buffet restaurant, breakfast, 2 days entry to Plopsaland (if required) and entry to Plopsaqua (their waterpark). The price was actually very reasonable all things considered.

As we had travelled down towards Folkstone the night before in case of any traffic issues, we were able to get an earlier train over to Calais, which meant that we arrived at Plopsaland earlier than anticipated. It would have been rude not to utilise our free entry to check out Ride to Happiness, so we did. Actually I lie, we actually went for a nice strong beer first (well, cider for Sazzle). You know your theme park preferences are changing when you go straight for the booze over the new major coaster in a park!

The beer was great, but I am sure you would all rather here about the park's new Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster - Ride to Happiness. I have previously ridden Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City which was brilliant, so had high expectations. The first thing to say is just how much this new coaster dominates the park; it is practically right in the middle and goes over the lake, so can be seen from most other places within Plopsaland. You approach the ride by entering the new area/plaza that leads up to the station building. The theming here is almost quite Toverland-esque with water, butterflies and planting. There is also a nice bar and terrace in the area however this was closed during our off-peak visit.

The station and maintenance buildings are hugely impressive structures and look glorious. And the roll out of the station right over the plaza creates a great experience for those who are not riding. The queue line does not seem to be overly long but is pleasant with a mixture of outdoor and indoor sections. Ride to Happiness was only running 1 train whilst we were there but it never really got a queue so that was no problem at all.

After sitting down on what are my favourite coaster trains the restraints lower automatically and you are soon off out of the station and in to the heartline roll at a very slow speed. It genuinely feels like you could fall out of your seat, such an amazing feeling! The train then comes to a pause at the start of the first launch, and then whoosh, away you go and up in to the first element which is possibly best described as a top-hat meets a slightly outer-banked corner. A banana roll, loop and zero-g roll follow before you fly in to the second launch which features a bunny hop. This mid-ride launch is followed by what is possibly the most crazy part of the ride; RCDB call it a step-up under flip but it is perhaps best described as an immelmann meets mid-air inline twist meets dive loop - WOW! The ride's finale is very much airtime focussed, and the final two hills really do deliver.

Ride to Happiness is certainly superior to Time Traveler, and every ride you take on it is unique. There are quite substantial differences between riding at the front and the back of the train; at the front you really get the feeling of being pushed quite forcefully in to some of the elements, whereas at the back you get whipped off some of them. It's a tough call but I think overall I preferred the ride experience in the front car. The onboard audio also helps add to the experience, although some of the speakers were a little crackly.

A top addition not only to Plopsaland but to the European coaster scene. Unsure where it places in my rankings at the moment, I will be undertaking a review of my current top 10 later this year following a summer road trip (where a night ride on Ride to Happiness will hopefully be possible)!

I am not going to post too much about the rest of the park as it is largely the same as before. The Dino Splash re-theme of the log flume is a huge improvement though, and it appears that the one tired area of the park (the circus themed area) is getting an expansion for 2023. Any park that has goats that you can pet is a great park in my eyes!

Plopsa Hotel

So what of the Plopsa Hotel? I'll be honest I was not too sure what to expect. Maybe something along the lines of the hotels at Alton Towers and I knew that it would be primarily aimed at families with younger children. Impressed would be an understatement! The hotel is stunning with wonderful theming through and it manages to achieve a nice balance of appealing to both adults and children. The main lobby is themed to a theatre with a stage and viewing booths on the floors above.

The rooms are spacious with a large double bed and good sized bunk beds. The bathroom and toilet are separate, and the shower in the bathroom was easily the best on our whole trip! I am pleased to report that there was not a single vinyl in the room - Merlin please take note!

As I said previously, we had dinner at the Grand Buffet restaurant included with our package. It was very much a family buffet which was to be expected but the quality of the food was good. The breakfast buffet the following morning was even better! The hotel has two bars but only one was open the night we were there (and for long periods we were the only group in the bar). As per all drinks across Plopsaland, it was expensive, but I enjoyed the rums I sampled!

The only downside to our stay was having a car window smash in overnight in the hotel car park. It appears that 8 cars were targeted by migrants who just wanted some loose change or clothing, and with each car they only smash the smallest/third window on one side. Thankfully nothing was taken from our car and both Plopsa and the Belgian Police were very good with us.

----

So the long and short of it, Plopsaland De Panne is so easy to get to from the UK, and Ride to Happiness is more than worth the visit. Get out there! And for anyone who does have younger kids, they'll love the hotel!

Next up will be Bobbejaanlan.

Great review @Rob; glad you enjoyed Ride to Happiness! Out of interest, how would you say it compares to Helix, if you’ve done that? There seems to be debate raging about whether Helix or RTH is the strongest Mack launch coaster, so I’d be keen to hear your thoughts.

Also, if you don’t mind me asking; how come you guys didn’t visit Walibi Belgium for Kondaa? I was only curious to know because I’d have thought a big Intamin mega would be a new ride most would be keen to do while in Belgium, but if you didn’t want to or couldn’t, then I understand that.

Hmmm good question. I've not ridden Helix since 2014 but rate it very highly. Ride to Happiness is a very different coaster, I'd be tempted to say they are not all that comparable. It looks like I put Helix at number 7 in my most recent top 10 coasters, and I was not sure if Ride to Happiness would squeeze in to my top 10 or not. I'll be riding it again later in the year though, and will review my top 10 thereafter (I currently have EGF at number 6 in my top 10 but it may fall after I ride it again later this year).

As for Walibi Belgium, we were unable to add any further days to our trip and I am visiting the park in the summer. Bobbejaanland fitting nicely on to our planned route as well!

Sounds like a great trip to Plopsa and glad you enjoyed the hotel - am looking forward to visiting in a couple of weeks for the first time. The broken window sounds worrying - as we are travelling around Belgium after Plopsa and would prefer to do it with all windows intact!! Do you know if it's a problem they have frequently? Also RTH - not a big fan of spinning coasters - does it feel like a mad spinner or is it more subtle than a Maurer??

It was the first time it had happened in the Plopsa Hotel car park, but the police did say it had happened elsewhere before. I would imagine the park will be looking at ways to prevent it from happening again, as it is not a good image for the park and hotel.

Ride to Happiness isn't mad spinning. It is far more intense than a Maurer spinning coaster but in a very different way. Give it a go and see how you like it, it is really cool going through the elements at different angles!

I'm going to rinse RTH as much as we can over our two days but I suspect we might like Annubis more as my son loves Falcon at Duinrell which is cool but I hate vertical lift hills so the launch I hope is epic! Re the break ins maybe a good idea to ask the park to take our bags in rather than leaving them in the car until 4pm?

I'm going to rinse RTH as much as we can over our two days but I suspect we might like Annubis more as my son loves Falcon at Duinrell which is cool but I hate vertical lift hills so the launch I hope is epic! Re the break ins maybe a good idea to ask the park to take our bags in rather than leaving them in the car until 4pm?

You should be fine during the day - the problems seem to be overnight. As Rob mentions, it's highly likely that the park & hotel will put in further security measures. I certainly wouldn't worry.

It's worth noting that if you book a suite in the hotel, there is secure underground parking provided (we were allowed there when we were helped by the hotel & park team to clean the car and put in a temporary fix).

Ride to Happiness is likely to pop into my top 10 coasters (from 300+) as I enjoyed it SO much. A smooth, intense ride where no two runs are the same.
Back car. First drop. Backwards. WOW! I lost my voice from screaming so much and I still don't have it back! :)

@Matt N - I haven't ridden Helix, but on model alone I don't think they're at all comparable. Having ridden other Mack megacoasters (Blue Fire, Alpina Blitz, Icon) the experience is too different to draw anything meaningful.

Sidenote: Anubis has an exceptional launch, but I don't find the rest of the layout particularly standout.

Last edited:
Bobbejaanland

On to the only new theme park of the trip - Bobbejaanland. We were filled up from a delicious breakfast at the Crowne Plaza in Antwerp (out hotel for the night before) and arrived at the park just before the 10am opening. I was not overly sure what to expect from the park; clearly Fury would be the standout coaster but I had heard mixed things about the park overall.

We were visiting on a Saturday, and as we did not know how busy the park was likely to be we had purchased their unlimited Express Pass which was pretty good value for money. It turns out that the park was not rammed, but busy enough for us to have benefitted sufficiently from the Express Pass.

I think for this review I am going to give my thoughts on each of the rides we did, in roughly the order we did them:

Bob Express - this Mack Powered Coaster was our first ride of the day (we decided to go clockwise around the lake rather than head straight for Fury). Good fun and fairly long, these are solid family coasters. Some nice views of the park as well.

Oki Doki - rather substantial for a Vekoma Junior Coaster, with a spine on the track! Not really too much to say, it does a job and is probably one of the better kids coasters I've done.

Dreamcatcher - a Vekoma Swinging Turns coaster and, well, it's pretty crap. Nicely set over water but it does not do much at all.

Reuzenrad - the park's ferris wheel, a nice way to take in the views of the park and surrounding rural area.

Revolution - I was looking forward to this very unique Vekoma Illusion coaster. Also known as left-turn the ride, the 30 car trains make their way up one long spiral lift and then go all the way back down in a series of left-turns complete with various effects. It was actually really good fun!

Speedy Bob - a mirrored layout of a standard Mack Wild Mouse (the park used to have 2 next to each other and this is the one they kept). Good fun as these always are!

El Rio - ahhh, I do love a rapids ride. This one seemed fairly tame and run of the mill until we got the whirlpool and suddenly saw the boat in front of us drop out of sight! The drop was fine, but the subsequent turns taken at quite a speed let to some more than anticipated wetness.

King Kong - this Huss flat ride is very recognisable, very unique, but not very good. You get lifted up, shaken around a bit, have a slight sudden drop and then struggle to park. Still, not bad to watch from off-ride.

Naga Bay - WOW, what a ride. I jest, the Maurer Spinner is utter balls. Over trimming on every block section just completely ruins the flow of the ride. And a bit like Oki Doki, I am unsure as to why the track has a spine.

Sledge Hammer - I really like big frisbee rides like this one from Huss, but I have to say that Zamperla have made this market their own in more recent years. It's just not as good or as powerful as Zamperla Giant Discoveries, and even the smaller Cyclonator at Paultons is a more intense ride. Still good fun though!

Typhoon - one of the first Gerstlauer Euro-Fighters, Typhoon has had a bit of a re-theme to fit in with the new Land of Legends area (it is the wind element). I think what I noticed most about this coaster is how much Gerstlauer have improved their offerings over the past nearly 20 years; Typhoon did quite a few things that just felt awkward whereas new Gerstlauers feel like proper coasters. The first drop and vertical loop are sure to give you a spot of Gerstache, but thereafter the ride is pleasant. Very much a once and done (like many of the park's coasters to be honest).

Fury - speaking of new Gertlauers, here we have one! Fury opened in 2019 and finally gives Bobbejaanland a coaster that makes a visit worth considering. It's main unique feature is that you can ride it both forward and backwards, in theory by a voting system on each train but in reality by the queue splitting towards the end so that like minded people are on the same train. I tried it forward twice and backwards once. Overall it is a really fun coaster, easily the best in the park. I am glad that I tried it backwards but am not sure that I would again, if it had been any longer that it was I think I'd have been feeling slightly worse for wear. The ride is smooth, and the lap restraints mean that the ride experience is more enjoyable than say on The Smiler where you are often fighting the OTSRs. Fury is not going to threaten any season coaster riders top 10 lists but it is a great addition to the park.

Indiana River - Bobbajaanland has 2 log flumes, and this one is completely inside a show building. For some reason I expected this to be more of a kids log flume, but I was wrong and we got rather wet! The theming through is really quite impressive, it's great when you go on a ride without knowing much about it at all and are pleasantly surprised.

Wildwaterbaan - seeing as we were all pretty wet from Indiana River we went on the park's second log flume which is outdoors. It was not as good, and some of the theming here could do with a refurb.

El Paso - this is a small-ish interactive shooting dark ride with a wild west theme. It does feel very dated now but there is something quite enjoyable about riding such rides.

Overall I quite enjoyed Bobbejaanland; it was a much more pleasant park than I was expecting with some nice themed areas. It is let down a little by the rides, too many are just poor or average, so I will not be rushing back. Fury and the new Land of Legends area is a good step forward so hopefully there can be more investments like this in the years ahead.

One thing I did want to note is that the park have some gorgeous old fairground rides inside the kids world at the back of the park. These are in fantastic condition, I would love to have ridden the Old Carrousel however there was understandably a maximum height limit.

Food options in the park seemed to be your typical theme park fayre, I ended up with pizza (Domino's which I am not sure I have seen in a theme park before). One slight frustration was that they were advertising lots of flavours of soft ices around the park, yet when you went to order one they only had vanilla or chocolate!

We had a fun day and were able to leave before ride close and begin our journey to Liege which was the location of our hotel for the night.

Next up: Europa-Park!

Great write up Rob. We’re visiting in a couple of months so this will be really useful.

The only other Dominos I’ve seen in a park is in Parque D’Attracciones.

Balls, we had some crap food at PdAdM as we couldn't find the Domino's

Interesting TR so far, the early Gerst from pictures reminds me a bit of Speed at Oakwood, a ride that played to no strengths at all of the Eurofighter. They have come far.

Reactions: Rob
Interesting TR so far, the early Gerst from pictures reminds me a bit of Speed at Oakwood, a ride that played to no strengths at all of the Eurofighter. They have come far.
It's been a long time since I've ridden Speed (must have been 2010) but I'd say it is better than Typhoon. Although there are some similarities!

Europa-Park

It's no secret, Europa-Park is my favourite theme park. I first went in 2012 and have been back on countless different occasions. My last visit was for NYE in 2019/20, and then time between then and when we arrived was the longest gap I have had without visiting this little place of heaven on earth since my first visit.

We started our day in Liege and had about a 4 and a half hour drive to get to Europa-Park. It was a Sunday and we were not going to be going on park upon arrival. Instead we would be staying in the Presidential Suite of Hotel Castillo Alcazar, the first time I have stayed in a Europa-Park Hotel suite.

The weather so far on our trip had been cool and cloudy, but as soon as we crossed the Rhine and entered Germany the warm sun was beating down on us; it was as if Germany was welcoming us back home! We arrived a little early so were not able to check in, so did the only sensible thing to do - find a bar and grab a drink (and a panini). I rather enjoyed by bottle of 1975 Pale Ale. It was just so good to be back at Europa-Park, sitting enjoying a drink, feeling at peace with myself and the world once again. It is hard to explain the feeling.

After this we checked in to our suite, and wow! What a room, what a view. There are two Presidential Suites in Castillo Alcazar opposite each other at the end of the suites corridor on the top floor of the hotel (same level as Bar Buena Vista). We had the suite that faced the park, which was just perfect. It was a 6 bed suite consisting of a four-poster kind sized bed, a double bed upstairs in the turret (with panoramic views of Europa-Park and Rust), and bunks. There was also a living area with a sofa and chair, a bathroom, separate toilet and a balcony overlooking ASS. We also had champagne and canapés on arrival, because, why not (slightly delayed 30th birthday celebration for me, and also just to celebrate our return to Rust). It was quite wonderful standing on our balcony, waving to people going up the lift of ASS with our glasses of champagne in hand.

We had a delicious meal at Captain's Finest (the steak here is always first class) before retiring back to our suite. Thankfully Bar Buena Vista was open, so we were able to get drink from the bar and carry them back to the suite. A perfect first night back at Europa-Park.

Our next 4 nights in Rust were spent in a wonderful apartment - Ferienwohnung Bing. There are some many great places to stay in Rust, I've never had a bad one, but this was near perfect. A large 2 bed apartment with balcony that was close to the hotels and only a 15 minute or so walk to the park entrance. It also turned out to be an easy walk to Rulantica and back.

I am not going to be reviewing Europa-Park, I am simply going to give some thoughts on our visit. There were however two new rides since my last visit, so let's start with them.

Piraten in Batavia

I was never a fan of the old pirates ride at Europa-Park, I found it boring, tedious and dated. In turns out that the new one is a victory for all fans of traditional large scale dark rides with set pieces. Wow, what a ride! Everything from the queue to all of the different scenes to the music is such a massive improvement on what was there before. We rode it four times over our three days on park, I would never have done this with the old version.

The drop in to the first scene works really well, as the lights in the scene stay off until you splash down. It is the perfect big reveal. By splitting up each of the scenes with gates/doors the ride feels more story based, you are on a real adventure. Sure the animatronics aren't all that great still but this does not detract from the ride at all. I love it! The Survivor's Boat is also a very nice touch.

The fire of 2018 was tragic, but it may have turned out to be one of the best things to happen to Europa-Park. In my opinion, everything that was lost has come back even better than before. The Mack's must be so proud.

Josefina's Imperial Magic Journey

The re-theme of the old Jungle Rafts ride has been long overdue. Josefina's Imperial Magic Journey is most certainly an improvement and it looks beautiful on the lake with all of the new fountains and theming pieces. I think they've done a pretty good job of decorating the old rafts for this year ahead of getting the new boats next year. The new soundtrack is also lovely, as you would expect from Europa-Park.

This was never going to be a wow ride like Piraten, but it enhances the park and the further enhancements in 2023 will make it even better.

So my more general thoughts:
  • The thing I was most relieved about over the course of our visit was that Europa-Park felt normal! No covid measures, there were far more F&B outlets open than I expected (we were off-peak so not all were but this has always been the case), operations were top drawer and everyone was having a thoroughly good time
  • Oh how I had missed riding Wodan, what a beast of a coaster. The Nemesis of woodies, that's for sure
  • The food and service at Silver Lake was very good, and Newcastle (if you know, you know) was so soooo happy to see "friends from England"!
  • Of our 4 rides on CanCan Coaster, onboard audio only worked twice. Hopefully we just got unlucky as it makes a difference
  • Blue Fire was running 3 trains during our visit, and on 2 of these trains the speakers have been completely removed. Hoping this is not permanent
  • We saw 3 shows (ice, arena, Italy theatre) and all were very good indeed
  • We enjoyed breakfast in Rock Cafe one morning, this is something I really do recommend, a lovely way to start the day
  • It was notable that pretty much every fire effect across the park and hotels was off, I assume due to gas supply/cost issues
  • We spent our final evening in Bar El Circo, but with Buena Vista being closed and the weather having been poor that day, seating capacity was an issue. We got seats at the bar, which was fine, but a queue did develop not long after our arrival
Overall Europa-Park was just perfect. It was so good to be back, and I cannot wait for my next visit in August.

Next I will be posting a separate report of our day in Rulantica!

Great report from Europa @Rob; glad you had such a good time!

Glad you enjoyed Piraten in Batavia; I never rode the old version, but I thought the new version was truly spectacular, with phenomenal theming throughout and some great effects!

I also agree that Josefina’s is a very nice little ride for what it is! I never rode Jungle Rafts, but I thought its successor was a nicely done attraction that served well as a way to relax in between major attractions, with some great theming!

Interesting that you comment about “speakers being missing on Blue Fire”. Is it supposed to have onboard sound, then? I rode it 4 times on my recent trip, and I did not hear onboard sound once, for what it’s worth. The only sound I heard was in the pre-launch dark ride section, but that sounded like it was coming from speakers in the room rather than speakers on the train; there didn’t appear to be any onboard sound on the train on any of my 4 rides.

CanCan, on the other hand, had onboard sound that worked perfectly on all 3 of my rides, so it must be a bit of a lottery!

Out of interest, what did you think to Blue Fire and Silver Star, if you rode either of those? (I’m guessing you rode Blue Fire, as you mention its speakers, but you didn’t mention Silver Star, so I was unsure whether you’d ridden it or not)

Yes, Blue Fire is meant to have onboard audio and in my opinion it adds a lot to the ride. It has always been quite hit and miss mind, they upgraded the speakers a few years back when they added the lights to the trains and although these speakers were on one the trains we rode they were not working on my row (I could hear them working on some of the rows in front). Not sure if they are giving up on the audio or working on a new solution.

We did indeed ride Blue Fire and Silver Star. I enjoy them both. Wodan is my favourite coaster at EP but I find Silver Star to be an underrated B&M Hyper, you get some good ejector airtime at the back of the train. Having said that, the bottom of the first drop really does need re-tracking! As for Blue Fire, it is just such a fun ride.

Shame about them turning off the unnecessary fire. Whilst some are pretty dispensable, like the ones alight during the day in Greece, the torches across the hotels in Bell Rock’s lake, Coloseeo’s fire bowls and El Andaluz’s winter garden really add to the feel.

Totally agree on Piraten. I actually found the old ride irritating, it was that slow and confused. The new version is a triumph.

Rulantica

I was fortunate enough to visit Rulantica back in December 2019 not long after it had first opened. That day we arrived mid-to-late afternoon and stayed until close at 10pm, which to be honest was not really long enough. This time around we went in at about 1pm, which gave us a good 9 hours to enjoy the water world.

Before going in to Rulantica we popped to the Panoraama Bar for a cocktail, we had been given vouchers for a free cocktail to use here as part of our suite stay. How wonderful; it is a lovely place to sit and enjoy a drink with views down over Rulantica.

Even though it had only been just over 2 years since my last visit there had been several significant additions to Rulantica: Hyggedal, Svalgurok, Snorri Snorkling, Snorri Stand and the Strand Kok Food Court. And there is more to come later in the year! Of these new additions the only one we really experience was Svalgurok, but I am looking forward to utilising Hyggedal in the summer and seeing the Strand Kok Food Court (this was closed during our visit as it was pretty quiet).

Our first port of call was in fact Svalgurok, it had been a lovely warm sunny morning but there was a risk of rain in the afternoon, so we thought it best to do this whilst the weather was good. I'll be honest, I was not expecting too much from it. A few smaller slides on a themed play area, probably more for the kids. Well I was completely wrong! We had so much fun here, pretty much acting like kids and trying out all of the slides. Stormrok, the bowl slide, is great fun! And as for Spiralrok, well, it really is quite intense!

Svalgurok was so much fun that we popped back out to it later in the day once the rain had passed to do a few of the slides again. What a great addition to Rulantica!

I'm not going to go through all of the other slides that we did, however I do find the racer slides (Hugin and Munin) to be particularly good fun. And Vildstorm is always a good laugh. My favourite slide in Rulantica remains Stormvind, the bowl slide in Vinterhall.

For me the best thing about Rulantica is how they have managed to make a waterpark feel like Europa-Park. It is the perfect combination of fun and relaxation. Of course the pool bars help with this, it is nice to be able to relax in one of them with a beer or cocktail (or champagne...!). Skog Lagune remains my favourite area of Rulantica.

As @Sazzle has already alluded to in another thread, she is not a fan of waterparks at all. However she enjoyed Rulantica so much, which I think just says it all. If you love Europa-Park, you will love Rulantica!

Next up, Tripsdrill.

Tripsdrill

The final park of our trip was Tripsdrill, a park we had visited back in 2014 as part of the TowersStreet's Junket Road Trip. I had fond memories of the park from this visit, not least because of the utterly bonkers behind the scenes tour that the park gave us, so was looking forward to returning 8 years later.

In 2020 the park opened two new coasters; Hals-über-Kopf (Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster) and Volldampf (Vekoma Family Boomerang) in a new area. Said new area also features some very friendly goats, which is just wonderful. This new area really does add another dimension to the park, and with it being right by the car park it makes for a great first impression upon arrival.

Hals-über-Kopf

I had been looking forward to riding Hals-über-Kopf and seeing whether Vekoma had been able to make the STC significantly better than the SLC. Well they most certainly have, it is such a fun, smooth ride with great pacing from start to finish. The lap restraints make a big difference, you feel so free as you are going around the various elements. There are a couple of more intense moments as you go around helixes but these pull out just in time before they may become too intense to put anyone off riding.

It really is a coaster that you can just keep riding time and time again, which is actually what we did as the park was very quiet. Despite running only one train there was never a queue, which meant re-rides! The trains are quite long as well, so the ride experience does differ somewhat from the front to the back. Well worth giving both a go.

As always with Tripsdrill, the theming is wonderfully authentic. The station building is very impressive, and even the detailing on the coaster's train are more than most parks would do. Then the landscaping around the course of the ride is so well thought out. A brilliant investment, a coaster like this would be great for Drayton Manor or even Paultons Park.

Volldampf

I'm not a huge fan of Vekoma Family Boomerangs but this is adequate. There aren't too many turns in the layout which makes the backwards part of it more bearable. Again the theming and details are really good, and it is nice how both of these new coasters interact with each other.

Having been before, here are some of my thoughts on the park as a whole:
  • I had forgotten just how detailed the queue lines for the rides here are. So much thought and effort goes in to everything they do
  • Every ride was running with just one member of staff, which for the most part was fine. However this meant Karacho could only operate on one car, which meant the short queue length was slow and tedious. We only rode once because of this, a shame as it is a good ride
  • Mammut, which back in 2014 was boring but smooth, is now boring but quite rough
  • Those weird ABC drop towers are crazy!
  • H&S still does not seem to be a priority at the park; on Karacho there were electrical cables that are meant to engage with those yellow strip things in the station just hanging off the car
  • The park is beautiful, it is always nice to visit a park when you can see just how much the owners care
As it was so quiet we left early to begin our fairly long drive back to Liege which is where our hotel for the night was. Lovely to return to Tripsdrill though; if you've not been but have the chance I can really recommend it.

------

And that is that, the end of our journey. The next day was just travelling back home via the Eurotunnel, a nice smooth journey.

After 2 years of not visiting any theme parks abroad it was fantastic to get back to doing what I love. We are so lucky to have so many great parks over the channel in Europe, and I am looking forward to visiting more of these this coming summer!

Thanks all for reading, I hope you have enjoyed.