• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Farm Potential

Agreed, The Farm is looking amazing at the moment with everything in bloom, they have also done a great job introducing animals back into the area. Has anyone taken a peek inside the large grain silo? It's home to a few chickens! You'd never know unless you looked inside.
I quite like the Dung Heap right now, only because nobody visits it so we can have lunch in peace and the park to ourselves.
Theres heaps of space but there's that noise issue to be considered. Any childrens coaster will have to be pretty substantial to make marketing sense.
I think an ideal thing would be to demolish the dung heap, Beastie and re-route the access road. They would then have enough space for a giant shed which could house severl attractions and be open all year such as Mayaland in Plopsaland [youtube]http://youtu.be/Z3cMkalds0Y[/youtube]

:) :)

Al's ideas for the south-west of the park are great. Getting the Sky Fall on a double deal with Gerts wouldn't be surprising and we know Alton like to try something new so it would be a winner. That rabbit kid coaster would work well since Alton like to show off the Giant Bunnies, it could be called the Giant Bunny Ride or something better along those lines.

To sum up, I'd keep the theme, but expand on the surrounding areas and the Dungheap. A merge with Adventure/Storybook Land would make sense for Squirrel Nutty to coarse through it so I think the area has a lot of potential to be unveiled for a low investment year.

I know what to do!
Why don't we take the farm, and build a McDonalds on it? ;)

The farm just needs a spruce up, with a few smaller rides added, much like the rest of the park. Having never been to the park myself, I am in no position to say what rides, but they must be children's, for obvious reasons.

A re-theme of the area would be good, but it is currently fine how it is as all families love farms and visiting animals, so there is no need to change this. More theming could be added to make it feel more 'farm-like', although farms barely do have much there so...

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Obviously there was Brer Rabbit on Ice

Ngh, sorry to nitpick this one detail but it was Peter Rabbit and Friends on Ice! [/history detail defendant]

As for the Farm I adore it, I find it to be one of my favourite areas purely because of how peaceful it is and how it's literally a world away from the likes of X Sector and Forbidden Valley with all the lovely animals. The line up there is essentially perfect for families with young children though I do feel it's missing one or two attractions like a show and a coaster of some sort. A dark ride perhaps on the scale of Carnival Festival, minus that theme, or what was Magic Mountain at Blackpool would suit the site of Dungheap perhaps.

Iv'e always thought a 'farm' themed version of 'SesamoAventura' at PortAventura would be a great kids area to go into Old MacDonald's Farmyard! Of course the name could be kept the same and a Sesame Street theme wouldn't be needed.

sesa1.jpg

This thread has made me realise that I've never been to the farm :p

I think a high class kids ride or two would really give the land a bit more attention. While they're at it, maybe a lick of paint to make sure it looks at its prime will help a lot.

The farm actually looks brilliant, the only area needing attention to me is the 'opening barn' section (next to the well) where the wood has rotted abit and has a few sections missing, it wouldnt be expensive to replace it though.

I like the idea of a dark indoor area, Alton really rely on the farm over winter - so more indoor attractions are a must.

Personally I think the farm has a great verify of rides and interaction animel areas which is great for kids which is key to Alton towers the only place that could be ideal for additional attractions is the ice show tent so wouldn't change much in sence of theming but just small improvements with available space