• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite Europa-Park mascot

What is your favourite Europa-Park mascot?

• Total voters
Never been to EP, but definitely Snorri for me.

Europhant is now called Olli (I think), not sure exactly when he was finally given a name but it's pretty recent.

I'm not sure who my favourite(s) is/are but I think it changes with context - some work better as costume characters whilst others are better as artwork.

One thing I have noticed in recent years is that some of the "minor" mascots have become far less prominent. OK the Rustis have churned out a whole bunch of songs but the mascots for some of the other countries are now almost totally invisible. Even if you didn't see the costume characters the artwork for each would appear on the "meeting points" in each area but a few years ago they were all replaced by Ed & Edda. What happened to Richard, Sacha and the others? I don't think I've EVER seen Floki(?) anywhere - not even on a sign. I liked the idea of there being a distinct mascot for each area but it seems the park has tried to focus on a fewer number of mascots with better visibility (and maybe marketability).

I think we need a definitive list of all of them. Off the top of my head I can identify:

Ed & Edda
Snorri
Olli Europhant
Louis (France)
Bockli (Switzerland)
Helena (Greece)
Erik (Iceland, or is it Scandinavia...?)
Antje (Holland)
Carlos (Spain)
Richard (England)
Sascha (Russia)
Enzo (Italy)

That leaves several countries I can't attribute a mascot to. Did they even create a mascot for Ireland?

EDIT: apparently I can't spell several of these. Fixed now

Last edited:
For what it’s worth; I visited for the first time in 2022, and prior to reading this thread, I had no idea that any of the mascots existed aside from Ed Euromaus, Edda Euromaus and Snorri…

I assumed that the only mascots Europa Park had were Ed & Edda for the main park and Snorri for Rulantica.

There are some photos and names of mascots here on EP Fans.

Unfortunately it doesn't say which country they represent, but there's a big list:
  • Euromaus (Ed)
  • Euromausi (Edda)
  • Eurofant
  • Böckli
  • Rosi
  • Louis
  • Richard
  • Helena
  • Enzo
  • Erik
  • Carlos
  • Sascha
  • Toni
  • Vasco
  • Antje
  • Matty
  • Flóki

I've only been to Europa-Park since 2020 and don't recall seeing any except Ed, Edda, Louis and Olli (Eurofant)

Snorri is awesome, they really did stumble across a winner there!

Also Böckli, voiced in some 4D films by the legend that is DJ Bobo.

Snorri is great but I must admit, I find the full sized version slightly terrifying

je6m.jpg

That leaves several countries I can't attribute a mascot to. Did they even create a mascot for Ireland?
I’m sure Ireland just opened with the Irish version of Ed, that appeared on all the promo stuff and even the signs around the area.

• Böckli Switzerland
  • Rosi Germany
  • Louis France
  • Richard England
  • Helena Greece
  • Enzo Italy
  • Erik Scandinavia
  • Carlos Spain
  • Sascha Russia
  • Toni Austria
  • Vasco Portugal
  • Antje Holland
  • Matty Ireland
  • Flóki. Iceland

I've only been to Europa-Park since 2020 and don't recall seeing any except Ed, Edda, Louis and Olli (Eurofant)

I may not like the mascots, but I sure remember their countries :)

Ed, Edda and Olli are non-specific as far as I know.

But I think the park has decided to reduce the number of mascots and concentrate on the main 5 ones (Ed, Edda, Olli, Lous, Böckli)

I'm sure my cuddly Snorri would murder me for not saying Snorri (not that any of the others come close)

I miss Richard the Lion but can understand the park focusing on the main characters.
IMG00367-20100618-1508.jpg

I can understand why most people like Snorri, he is the perfect little mascot for the water park. I think we probably like Ed and Snorri the best.

But I think everyone is forgetting the greatest mascot though, it has to be Roland's Moustache?

8f98ab8b-0001-0005-0000-000000303438_w279_r0.6642857142857143_fpx47.68_fpy35.48.jpg

(Photo Source: https://www.manager-magazin.de/unternehmen/entrepreneur/a-271905.html)

It went missing many years ago, but we think we found it in a Christmas cracker :)
IMG_2686.JPG

I had to look up Flóki, as I had no idea Iceland had a mascot. Of course its an Icelandic horse!
Shame they were dropped almost straight out the gate or that would probably be my favourite.

2980022703_1_28_F96jIDQL.jpg

While Snorri is undeniable the best mascot it's the worst costume character.
Whenever Snorri does appear in the real world it should be as a puppet held by someone, so Snorri is the same size as the animatronics on the ride and in Rulantica.

Whenever Snorri does appear in the real world it should be as a puppet held by someone, so Snorri is the same size as the animatronics on the ride and in Rulantica.
Snorri appeared as a puppet manipulated by a puppeteer behind him in the Rulantica Musical of 2018. But he was larger, so he would be comparable in size to the human characters.

Reactions: Tim
There is a puppet Snori they use in the water park. When I went on the lazy river last year half way round there was a staff member stood next to a barrel which had Snorri on it spraying people as they drifted past!

I think it’s also used outside the entrance of rulantica