• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite queue lines

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
My favourite is the HH's/Duel's. The Casa Magnetica effect gave it a sense that something was amiss, and it was brilliantly themed as a drawing room, from the book to the portraits. I sincrely hope that they have not messed with it during the making of TCAAM.

Rise of the resistance is probably the best one I have used. Assuming you class the pre shows as the queue line. That queue line is executed so good. I would expect so too, I am sure you could build all of Alton Towers coasters for the price they spent on the queue lines / pre shows.

Check out a full Youtube video if you have not.

Rise of the resistance is probably the best one I have used. Assuming you class the pre shows as the queue line. That queue line is executed so good. I would expect so too, I am sure you could build all of Alton Towers coasters for the price they spent on the queue lines / pre shows.

Check out a full Youtube video if you have not.
It's hard to classify where Rise's queue ends and the ride begins. The second preshow is, in effect, a ride of its own.

Flight of Passage no question, it's a big part of the experience for me. Didn't mind queuing well over an hour in it on my last visit.

Manta is another good one where your basically queueing through an aquarium. Makes up for the crap operations.

Unfortunately not much experience with queue lines abroad. UK, probably Congo River Rapids, summery, open, the sound of water, you don't feel like a battery hen. Also an obvious one would be Nemesis, the views of the coaster and the way the queue line hugs the terrain was always an enjoyable experience.

Wodan is the clear winner because there is a toilet. Not far enough into the queue for it to be useful, but it's the thought that counts.

Great themeing and soundtrack too.

If I ran a theme park, the first thing I'd do is plonk toilets into the queue lines. Everyone can have a few beers without worrying about getting caught short in a long queues.

Star Tours at Disneyland Paris was pretty cool,

Wickermans queue is pretty well designed with constant views of the ride.

The Smiler. I love the sensation of being sent down to a grotty concrete pit to stand in puddles from poor drainage and observe a mass of rusting steel. Has to be the modern equivalent of being sent down the mines.

The Smiler. I love the sensation of being sent down to a grotty concrete pit to stand in puddles from poor drainage and observe a mass of rusting steel. Has to be the modern equivalent of being sent down the mines.
Now if only I created a 'worst queue lines' thread. 🤔

Another vote for The Flying Dutchman here. Not only is it well themed, got great music and has an interesting winding layout, but features exemplary storytelling.
The conventional method might be to end the queue line with a heap of exposition (see most queues ever). The Flying Dutchman, however gets the narrative out of the way early, before creating a jovial Harbourside town - with a pub, of course! This then leads into one of the greatest ride stations out there - a 17th century harbour which very much acts as the calm before the storm…

Most queue lines I have been in haven’t overly impressed me, but I haven’t been to a Disney park or phantasialand for example. But a few have surprised me! Lech coaster has a very nicely presented queue (apart from the pre show room that looks to have never been used), I’d also add Wickerman and Nemesis into the mix for best UK queues. But some parks have surprised me the opposite way, for example Portaventura… some fantastic themed sections of the park with the most god awful cattle pens once you enter the line.

Magic Kingdoms Space mountain definitely. It has such a lovely ambience to it, especially the star tunnel music. It really does make you feel as if you're not in florida anymore. It may not be the most dynamic queue, but its still one of the most immersive queues out there!

Fjord Rafting - the non-stop challenge provides hours of entertainment!

Surprised no one’s said Forbidden Journey yet, the queue line is basically an attraction in itself. And speaking of Harry Potter, just next door at Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure, they do a great job in making you feel like you’re not in a cattlepen when actually you are.