• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite type of RCT3 rollercoaster

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
just wondering what everybody's favourite type or types of coster is on RCT3, i like the stormrunners, but my brother likes gliders and splitting coasters.

My favorite type of track has to be the PEP CT track as it is so much more versatile than the ingame track. But hopefully the Intamin double spine track will be out in a year or so and that looks awesome.

But at the moment my favorite CTR is the Intamin Blitz, as they are very good and the mix of in game mix of track makes it quite versatile.

If we're talking about anything PEP CT Track every time. It's so versatile and really pushes the boundaries of the game! Adds a whole new dimension of realism to the game :D

In game it's probably the Extended Coaster, thanks to its large collection of elements, and how much can be done with it. Either that, or the Flying Coaster. B&M Flyers FTW :p

One small problem with the B&M wingrider, The track is upsidedown!
But my favourite track is the vertical drop coaster!

Giga coaster. It's incredibly easy to make rides with 12 excitement, decent intensity and almost no nausea ratings. I know once you start messing with CTRs the ratings become meaningless, but as I don't have CTRs and try to build rides with the best ratings I can, I find the giga coaster to be in a class of its own.

Other than that, the extended coaster is amazing for its sheer number of elements.

alee298 said:
One small problem with the B&M wingrider, The track is upsidedown!

Try placing a barrel roll ;)

On the subject of the PEP track while I think it's really good It doesn't half lag my game, especial when building. I could really do with a new computer before I start adding one to my parks.

Tim said:
On the subject of the PEP track while I think it's really good It doesn't half lag my game, especial when building. I could really do with a new computer before I start adding one to my parks.

This.

This whole NoLimits argument is ridiculous when the ML Tracks (granted the possibilities are almost endless) cause so much lag. It renders my game useless.

For me, personally, I like the 'Mini-Coaster' track - it's very Intamin and I like the long curves and helixes, and diagonal airtime opportunities. :p

I'm trying to create a stormrunner track which does a loop de loop, then goes off up and round, comes back through the centre of the loop, round 180 degrees, down a little round another 180 degrees then underneath the top track through the loop de loop.

I think importing No limit tracks is a bit ridiculous. PEP looks good, but i'm yet to experiment myself!

Because RCT3 is an old game it's not got the greatest rendering of lighting ext. so most of the No Limit track in game look a bit flat and out of place. I sort of like the standard in game tracks because they fit with the aesthetics of the game as they were made with the game engine.

As for favourite, I think it's a silly question as it entirely depends what I want to set out and build. Extended is obviously the most versatile. But I also like the Intamin Blitz CT (combination of Intamin style coasters like Giga and Stormrunner) if I want to make an Intamin or a Mack style ride, It also presents more of a challenge producing a nice layout. Same with the Arrow style tracks.