• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Feedback on Quick Questions topic

thefatone

TS Member
Why did someone have to create, and sticky, a Quick Questions thread when an enthusiastic member had already created one?

Seems a bit silly, and also not what this forum is wanting to promote.. people pretending they're higher than anyone else? ;)

thefatone said:
Why did someone have to create, and sticky, a Quick Questions thread when an enthusiastic member had already created one?

Seems a bit silly, and also not what this forum is wanting to promote.. people pretending they're higher than anyone else? ;)

Because they like it to be "Official"
It makes the team look very controlling if I'm honest...

The other topic was created earlier on in the day (01:07 in the morning) which, lets be honest was when most of the forum was blind drunk and celebrating :p. As a result, Dave didn't realise someone had already created a QQ topic for 2013 yesterday afternoon.

That said, there are a handful (literally, a handful!) of topics which the team create as standard, Quick Questions being one of them. It's hardly something that's controlling, it's simply that we like to include specific information to kick the topic off such as a link to Alton's official site and a link back to the previous topic. Quick Questions is used by a lot of newer members, so it's imperative that information like that is included.

PoisonTom had actually done quite a good job of including that information in his topic, however since we didn't notice that at first we had to lock and remove one of them which happened to be his.

Craig said:
The other topic was created earlier on in the day (01:07 in the morning) which, lets be honest was when most of the forum was blind drunk and celebrating :p. As a result, Dave didn't realise someone had already created a QQ topic for 2013 yesterday afternoon.

That said, there are a handful (literally, a handful!) of topics which the team create as standard, Quick Questions being one of them. It's hardly something that's controlling, it's simply that we like to include specific information to kick the topic off such as a link to Alton's official site and a link back to the previous topic. Quick Questions is used by a lot of newer members, so it's imperative that information like that is included.

PoisonTom had actually done quite a good job of including that information in his topic, however since we didn't notice that at first we had to lock and remove one of them which happened to be his.

I completely agree with the team possibly wanting to remove my thread and place an 'official' one done by a team member. It is not controlling in the slightest a thread set-up by the team for this purpose is probably a wise idea and covers all bases.

KingNemesis said:
thefatone said:

Because they like it to be "Official"
It makes the team look very controlling if I'm honest...

I don't think it looks "controlling".

It looks consistent, professional and, as PT96 has said, more official.

Thanks for the feedback! Only issue I had was it was a fair few hours later, like done in spite or whatever. All sorted though - Most helpful :)

thefatone said:
Thanks for the feedback! Only issue I had was it was a fair few hours later, like done in spite or whatever. All sorted though - Most helpful :)

No it definitely wasn't, just a case of the team playing catchup on posts after returning from getting bladdered. Professional, I know :p