• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

First time, just got back

karlrichings

TS Member
Just got back from our first trip, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. We stayed at the Moxy for 3 nights, which is just outside the entrance to the Bell Rock, so proximity to the EP estate was literally across the road. The hotel was lovely, staff all amazing and really friendly, there was a really expensive selection of snacks and drinks available so we opted to walk 30 seconds to Lidl to stock up.

The park itself blew both me and my girlfriends minds, we are avid Disney fans and do either Disney World or DLP once a year, and our thinking was that this is kind of a similar thing. We visited during Hallowinter, so every day we were there the decorations changed from all the pumpkins to more Xmas trees and decorations which was really fun.

Attraction quality was across the board very good, our favs are definitely Arthur, Wodan, Bluefire, Pirates and CanCan. There were a couple rides we felt could use an update, Ghost castle as much as we enjoyed and went on multiple times feels a bit like a mish mash of loads of different things and doesn't really have a coherent story or anything, and the two smaller dark rides Piccolo Mondo and the Russian Christmas one could really use a redo. There are so many filler attractions, it took us til day 4 to have done everything in the park, and due to Hallowinter the rapids and Atlantica supersplash were closed, along with the mine train and log flume due to the fire.

We saw all the shows that were available, the main theatre show has ended for the season and the Spanish arena was closed off. The ice show and the globe theatre show were both incredible and really good productions, and the Vogel show was cute too, the UK could learn so much from this park in terms of entertainment.

Operations were jaw dropping, the longest queue we saw on the app for the whole 3 days was 15 mins, we walked on everything and the longest wait was 3 or 4 mins, we even got to reride a lot of things without leaving our seat as there was no one waiting to come on. I find it amazing that even in the slow season they have literally everything open and operating, there were 0 breakdowns over the 4 days, puts towers to absolute shame.

Overall I think I enjoyed this park way more than DLP, not as much as Florida, and we will deffo be back again but stay on property as we need to do Rulantica. Side note we used a rental car to get there from Basel airport which was 55 mins drive, really easy only 2 main roads and very light traffic. Overall 9/10 visit, absolutely amazed by the place!

Also the food we had was spectacular. We ate at the Pirates restaurant which was curry bowls and we did the Fjord restaurant, both I would consider quick serve as it's cafe style where you tell them what you want at the counter and they give it you there and then. All served on proper plates with silverware, the Swedish meatballs from the Fjord restaurant was our fav, we also did a few other snacky places and the burger place in the UK, all great quality. The cost of snacks is also amazing it's usually 2 or 3 euros for a caramel apple or caramalised nuts etc.