• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Florida Nov/Dec 21

Austin Towers

TS Member
4th attempt and we finally got there. I'll cut to the chase and get to the parks.

Disney. Busy busy busy. I don't like their parks as I feel trapped but my Mrs loves Disney so I've little choice. Animal kingdom is my pick of the crop and I finally got to do Avatar flight of passage. I'm not afraid to admit that I got quite overwhelmed it was that good. Not like me. The new star wars stuff at Hollywood studios, no chance I was queuing for it. The theming in the area is awesome though.

Universal. I love the atmosphere there. Wasn't too busy and got loads of rides in over two days. I'll be brutally honest I think Velocicoaster is over hyped, it's good but not fantastic. Hagrids was ok, once only ride for me as huge queue and seemed to have a lot of downtime.

SeaWorld. First time I've been disappointed. They're doing maintenance and power washing and painting Manta and Kraken. They didn't stick to the advertised downtime and started on Kraken earlier than they stated which meant both coasters were down. It was as busy as I've ever seen it at SeaWorld and there wasn't enough to do really. Manta opened a couple of days later and I managed a couple of rides. Got a load of rides on Mako. Back left- the money seat.

Busch gardens. Spent 2 days there and it was dead. Everything was walk on. Busch really was the highlight of the holiday. Gwazi looks awesome, gutted it's not open yet. Tigris is surprisingly good and had me in fits of laughter especially at my wife screaming. Kumba fantastic as always and one of my favourite coasters.

Great holiday and worth the hassle of all the tests etc. British Airways lost our luggage and we didn't get it back until day 10 but we bought some clothes and made do with what we had. It's made us realize how little you actually need to take with you. It was only us though as my two are at the stage they don't want to go with us, it would have been a nightmare for a family.

I absolutely adore the fact you were able to sum up the entire Walt Disney Resort segment of your stay in four lines of text, whereas Sea World justified at least five.

Shame to hear about the luggage situation, but at least you were able to get out there and enjoy yourselves. I know quite a few people have booked in the coming weeks and are now kicking themselves about the situation.

I forgot to add Cheetah Hunt was closed for maintenance at Busch. Walking on to everything else made up for it though. Got stuck at the top of Cobras curse for a while as there was a stoppage (I think in the station). My wife then wouldn't go on Shiekra after that as she has had nightmares of getting stuck at the top of the lift hill