• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Florida/Orlando: General

Currently in Florida and having the time of my life! So far we've been to IoA, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Kennedy, Busch tomorrow. The coasters have been fun but offer little force, although the pretzel loop on Manta is fantastic. Forbidden Journey at IoA is probably the greatest ride I've ever been on. It's seriously amazing and I wish Alton were able to get something that's even half as good! Also love the shows at SeaWorld. Space Centre is stunning and it was an honour to be there, knowing the history of the place. Saturn V ftw!! :p

I'll try and make some sort of trip report when I get back.

:)

DAM YOU AL!!!! *shakes fists*

Glad you are having an epic time! Its hard not to have an amazing time in Florida!

Howdy all, I'm off to Orlando in August and I'm very much looking forward to it, I'm also doing my best to avoid any dark ride spoilers that I don't already know. I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me any advice regarding Mission Space at Epcot. Without giving away too much of what happens during the ride, how nauseating is it? I'm slightly concerned by the fact that they have a less intense version for that very reason. I generally don't suffer from motion sickness, the only rides I've been on that have made me feel a little bit ill are X:/WTF at Thorpe and if Enterprise's ride cycle was a lot longer I would feel fairly rotten, but as it is it's fine.

Perhaps the best questions to ask are about how long is the ride duration, and for how long of that period do you get the 'full force' of motion? I believe I have read that the ride uses a centrifuge type sensation, which is the only thing of concern really. I suspect I'll be fine, I just want something to put my mind at ease before I ride!

It depends how you approach it. The ride cars are incredibly well themed and you should take notice, but by doing that, you will be coming off sick. If you keep your eyes ahead on the screen and focus on what you are doing, you should be fine.

There are two versions of the ride, green and orange, with green being the more timid version from what I've heard. I only rode on the orange version which is the more intense, so I can't really compare.

Having been on both last year I found the orange team version unenjoyable to be honest. It does put your body under a lot of pressure and I don't suffer from motion sickness, but I still felt queasy. I did ride the orange team version in my third week and found I felt a lot better just focusing on the screen the whole time, but I think it says it all we went on the green version at least 5 times on our holiday there!

I only rode Orange and found it fine if I was looking straight ahead, but felt queasy when I looked to my left.

Bit late with this, but the first pieces of theming for phase 2 of WWOHP have arrived, and sources claim these are pieces of the planned station that the Hogwarts Express will shuttle people from the Studios over to IOA.

359bfr5.jpg

5plkio.jpg

2h2fw2r.jpg

29uwyg8.jpg

1zdnlgw.jpg

Why is this one topic for ALL Florida parks?!

WDW, Busch, SeaWorld and Universal should have their own topics at the very least, preferably a topic for each individual park and new project.