• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Croftybaby

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
After visiting this park once 7 years a go and twice last week I felt that this park needs it's own topic.
This is a park that is growing at a rapid pace it seems with all new attractions being of a VERY high standard.
The new Rhino/Africa area is really well done with theming i'd expect at much larger parks. There is a stong emphasis on ethics both in the welfare of animals and the experience as a whole. It's clear this is a park that is family run than they care a great deal about the visitor experience.

The park has an extremely good value vintage fair with classic rides restored to their former glory and housed in massive barns away from the elements. Rides are at the most £1 each with many being 50p and these are decent thrill rides, not just carousels.

I'd compare this park to the likes of Paultons, being one to watch. While they don't focus on thrill rides or coasters the theming of the attractions and the rate at which they seem to be expanding makes me feel that we could soon see something in the future. Maybe a family coaster.

One thing that the big parks could learn is how the focus has been put on offering an amazing experience rather than grabbing the pennies. The ironic thing being that if you are having a great time you will naturally spend more money.

The bigger parks could learn a thing or two. It's nice to see these parks doing so well.

This place is great! My family and I always visit when we're in the area! I could definitely see a family coaster working well here in the future.

(Also, on a side note, shouldn't this be in the European parks thread because as far as I know, Wales is in Europe!)

Sorry to bump the thread and double post, but I visited Folly Farm today, and a number of things have happened since my last visit last year:
  • The park has installed a new flat ride called Paratrooper near the ferris wheel.
  • The park have gotten red pandas for the zoo.
  • The park are building a new reptile house.
  • The park are building some other sort of new attraction within the zoo, but I'm not sure what it is.
Overall, it is still a lovely park, and I did actually write a trip report, if you'd like to read it: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/folly-farm-pembrokeshire-20th-february-2019.5029/