• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forum reorganisation

Craig

TS Administrator
Since we started TowersStreet, we've had two discussion forums for other parks and attractions. One which has been dedicated to those owned by Merlin, and another forum for anything else. Over the last few months, we've been chatting with some of you and also looking closely at how the forums are utilised.

Our current Merlin Parks and Attractions forum has only 11 topics which have been posted in since early September, whereas the Other Parks and Attractions forum has nearly 3 pages of topics which have had posts since September.

In order to try and address the balance between the two, we've decided to move topics under two new forums:

European Parks and Attractions will house all discussion on parks and attractions across Europe (including the UK), regardless of who they're owned by.

Rest of the World Parks and Attractions will be for all other parks and attractions located outside of Europe.

The new forums will go live by the afternoon of Tuesday 8th October, with the existing topics from Merlin and all other parks forums being moved during the course of the day.

Whilst the changes are being made on Tuesday, the boards affected will be locked down temporarily and you'll be unable to reply or post in them. We'll get the work done as quickly as possible and open the boards back up to you once the work is complete.

Great news, this will make much more sense. :D
I'd have thought UK / rest of the world would be a more obvious split... Though I guess you've looked at the number of topics on UK parks and decided it's not much different from what we have anyway, what with the Merlin monopoly. :p

DiogoJ42 said:
Great news, this will make much more sense. :D
I'd have thought UK / rest of the world would be a more obvious split... Though I guess you've looked at the number of topics on UK parks and decided it's not much different from what we have anyway, what with the Merlin monopoly. :p

We looked into splitting UK with Rest of the world, but in all honesty a lot of our discussion is very European based due to the UK being relatively quiet (and no doubt will be for the foreseeable future!). With European Parks being a regular feature of visits by some of our more established members, and them being within easy reach for many people we figured having a one stop forum for them would make more sense.

We may look to split things down further as time goes on, with a dedicated UK forum, then something like a mainland Europe forum to go alongside the Rest of the World one. But, with the forum being relatively quiet at the moment, we figured we'd just make this change for the time being.

But you're right in saying it's ultimately not a massive change, simply just addressing the balance between the number of posts in each of the current forums. The other aim is making it easier for people to look at the attractions and parks they're far more likely to pay a visit to :).

Smart decision I think. Considering that each of the Merlin Parks (Thorpe, Chessie, Heide, Legoland and I think Gardaland) all have their own topics, there's not really much need for extra topics to be made unless something interesting is happening at one of the parks (And even then it's still quite bare)

The balance of the European and rest of the world parks works well due to the fact there's roughly the same amount of active topics at any given time. Smart move TST team! =)

That's everything all moved into place in the new forums :). There may be the odd topic which I've accidentally moved into the incorrect forum. If you spot one, please hit the report button and a member of the team will move it.

We have a lot of general topics about ride manufacturers, models or ride types. I've included these within the worldwide board for the time being, and we'll see how things go over time as to whether we need to do anything else with them.