• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny Ride Ops!

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
this was on another site (Coastercrazy.com), and I thought I'd start it here. have you heard a ride operator say a funny sentence, make a joke or trick the riders when dispatching a train or starting a ride? if so, post about it , and what they said, here!

Please do remember to start thread titlies with capital letters to save the team from having to do it for you. Thanks.

Now, have a Six Flags day!

:)

This guy was pretty cool - he worked there for ages, but I don't think he still does. I always wonder what would happen if someone grabbed his hand, rather than slapping it.

A few years ago at Chessie, on the last day of the season, we were on Black Buccaneer. There was a recorded announcement that ended with "... enjoy your day at Chessington World Of Adventures Resort!"

The ride op chipped in sarcasticly over the mic:
"It's not a 'resort', you can do it in a day!"

Ha, with those throughputs? :p

"You've just been detoxed by Ripsaw, please alight to the right. To the right, that is". seems quite common.

On Rita: "3, 2 Bye!" After the ride host demands that I join team Rita, and get off for wearing a Nemesis hoodie.

At Blackpool, everyone seems to get off on the wrong side, 3 straight trains on Nash and people tried to exit on the opposite side, leading the ride host to be murmuring words that would probably have got him sacked! :p

Had a conversation with the guy at Battle Galleons before, claiming to know what SW8 was after the plans had been put out, awaiting validation. After teasing for about 5 minutes, out came "14 looping Aquatrax mate"

One of the best things about Towers nowadays is the staff :p

There are plenty of good lines on the Jungle Cruise (although that's more down to the script than the wit of specific operators). My favourite's when people are about the climb into the boat and they shout, 'Don't come on board. Come on excited'. It's fun to watch the reaction of the guests. They stop, look confused, laugh, and then climb into the boat.

When I used to be a ride operator I'd use that joke when I was operating a swinging pirate ship.

There are plenty of good lines on the Jungle Cruise (although that's more down to the script than the wit of specific operators). My favourite's when people are about the climb into the boat and they shout, 'Don't come on board. Come on excited'. It's fun to watch the reaction of the guests. They stop, look confused, laugh, and then climb into the boat.

When I used to be a ride operator I'd use that joke when I was operating a swinging pirate ship.
cool joke, i'm oping to eventually be a ride op (or "Rides Guest Host" as they call it) at Drayton Manor, and might use that joke if i ever operate their pirate ship ride, The Bounty!

Watch for people using the poncho vending machine then make an announcement...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please may I have your attention to this important safety announcement. For your safety and due to changes in the health and safety regulations regarding loose clothing on The Flume; the use of ponchos is not permitted at anytime while riding this attraction. Once again.. the use of waterproof ponchos is not permitted on The Flume. Thank you and have a great day!"

Not that anyone would do that ;)

Or its always fun to make school children solve maths problems before they are allowed to ride because "they should be at school learning not playing around at a themepark"

when getting on the blade, another guest asked if the ride went upside down, the reply "we not allowed to make it go upside down"